Chapter 15- XANA's trap

We all immediately went to the factory. Miss Renaud... I should call her Skylar, shouldn't I? Or maybe Ruby? Yeah. Ruby sounds good. So, Ruby, Mum and I ran to the factory, Dad barely kept up so we left him. He'll be fine.

Ruby, and I headed to the scanners while Mum initiated the process. "Transfer Mia. Transfer Ruby. Scanner Mia. Scanner Ruby. Virtualisation!"

This was the second time I went to Lyoko that day. We landed on the blue ground of the ice sector, with the navy sky taunting us about XANA. "This is so cool!" I heard Ruby say.

"Here comes the overbike!" Mum said. The overbike digitalised.

"Awesome..." Ruby said. I got on and Ruby got on after me. I twisted the handle of the bike and accelerated eastward. "Is that the tower?" I squinted my eyes and made out the tower with the red halo. "How come there's no monsters around?"

"I wish I knew," I muttered. We reached the tower will not monsters around. "Mum? This is weird. XANA didn't send any monsters. Do you see anything on your screen?"

"Nothing," Mum replied glumly. "We don't even know what the attack is."

What was XANA planning? I went into the tower, leaving a ripple like effect, then I headed to the second platform to type in Code Lyoko.

A few seconds later, I went back down and out of the tower. To my surprise, XANA had sent a bunch of monster, almost a dozen at us. "Mum? Bring us back in. This doesn't look good." No reply. "Mum?" Something had happened. "Miss Renaud! I mean... Skylar! Run!"

She mounted the overbike, revving it up as I got on behind her. We sped off, or tried to. I heard a few tarantulas take their stances before firing, throwing us in the air. The overbike was gone just like that. "What the hell?" Ruby retorted. "Should we run? Or take them on?"

"We can't stay here," I replied, running, with her running in suit. "We need to go back. Something happened to my mum."

"Like what? We deactivated the tower!"

"Don't know, but it certainly doesn't look good." In front of us, two megatanks opened, collecting energy and firing.

We dodged it as we ran past. I took my rapier and hit the eye of XANA. Ruby tried to do the same but it closed. "I hate megatanks," I heard her mutter. Behind me I heard a new sound. I couldn't really describe it, but it had a giant clear head and lots of tentacles. It was a jellyfish. Ruby seemed to recognise it. "Run! It's the Scyphozoa!"

I partially know what that was. A dangerous monster. I ran. XANA's taught me to never trust appearances. "What's our plan? We can't keep running forever!" Ruby said. The megatank and jellyfish rolled/ floated behind us. "Let's devirtualise each other."

"How?" I asked, panting slightly.

"We attack each other at the same time," she shrugged. Without much of a choice, we halted. I took out my rapier and she took out her axe. "On three. One. Two. Thr-"

As if on cue, the Scyphozoa had caught up, grabbing her with its tentacles. The megatank stopped too, and immediately fired at me. I held my rapier up but shattered, taking me down as well.

I gasped as I stepped out of the scanner. I had no time to lose. I ran up to the lab but Mum wasn't there. I didn't ponder myself with such questions. "Ruby? Skylar? Are you there?" She didn't reply. Her green icon had turned black. That's not good. The Scyphozoa was nowhere in sight and Skylar was moving to who knows where. I called Alex, begging him to help.

She was outside a tower and she entered it. She didn't move but the superscan turned on. XANA activated the tower? What now? I can't deactivate it! The elevator opened, revealing an unconscious group of children. "Guys!"

The spector just had to Yumi, didn't it? Her eyes flicked the eye of XANA, sending a shiver down my spine. "We can just talk this out, right? Right?" A little bit of fear ran through my voice.

To my surprise, she didn't attack me. She opened up a window, which was hidden behind a bunch of others and began typing away. "Hey! What are you going? Get off!" I reached out to reach her arm. Her neck snapped to look toward me. She sent and electric bolt through her hands and into mine, giving me a shock to pass out with.