Capture the flag

Y/n Pov:

I'm good with many weapons. I use a bow and arrow in honour of my mother and because I feel like it suits me. But if I wanted to, I could use a spear or a sword. I use a spear my mother gifted me for Capture The Flag because it's easier for defending yourself, rather than attacking people.

Percy joined me with each morning taking Ancient Greek from Annabeth. He still stumbled across his words, but he was getting better every day.

At last, it was time to capture the flag. When the plates were cleared away, the conch horn sounded, and we all stood at our tables. Campers yelled and cheered as Annabeth and two of her siblings ran into the pavilion carrying our group's banner. From the opposite side of the pavilion, Clarisse and her buddies ran in with their banner. 

They announced the teams. Athena had allied with Apollo, Artemis and Hermes, the two biggest cabins. Ares had allied themselves with everybody else: Dionysus, Demeter, Aphrodite, and Hephaestus. Privileges had been traded — shower times, chore schedules, the best slots for activities—to win support. 

Chiron hammered his hoof on the marble. 

"Heroes!" he announced. "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!" 

He spread his hands, and the tables were suddenly covered with equipment: helmets, bronze swords, spears, oxhide shields coated in metal.

I grabbed my usual shield and my blue helmet. I ran over to Annabeth.

Annabeth yelled, "Blue team, forward!" 

We cheered and shook our swords or spears and followed her down the path to the south woods. The red team yelled taunts at us as they headed off toward the north. Percy managed to catch up with Annabeth and me. 

"Hey," he said. 

Annabeth kept marching. 

"So what's the plan?" he asked. "Got any magic items you can loan me?" 

Annabeth's hand drifted toward her pocket as if she were afraid Percy'd stolen something. 

"Just watch Clarisse's spear," I said. "You don't want that thing touching you. Otherwise, don't worry. We'll take the banner from Ares. Has Luke given you your job?" 

"Border patrol, whatever that means," he replied

"It's easy. Stand by the creek, keep the reds away," I said.

"Leave the rest to us. Athena always has a plan," Annabeth joined in.

"And I know these woods like the back of my hand," I said.

Annabeth pushed ahead, leaving us in the dust. 

"Okay," Percy mumbled. "Glad you wanted me on your team."

"It's our pleasure," I smirked.

He smirked playfully and I signalled him to hide. I hid behind some trees camouflaging among them. Far away, the conch horn blew. I stealthily moved towards the opposing side. I was so close to the flag when one of the sons of Ares caught me. 

"What do you think you're doing, pretty thing?" he asked.

"Mierda, estaba tan cerca," I cursed under my breath.

"Ooh, now, now, British princess, no need to say bad words," he tried calming me down.

"What did you call me?" I asked, threateningly.