Part 9

"Dinner was lovely. My favorite restaurant, the best wine... you really know how to treat a girl right." Natasha smiled at her date who was seated across from her. "Thank you, Steve."

"Of course," Steve replied, smiling back.

"All done, you two?" The owner of the restaurant, Chef Erskine, asked.

"Yes, thank you, Abraham," Natasha said kindly. She and Steve used to come to the restaurant so often, the owner knew them by name.

"Ah, wonderful. The staff missed the both of you coming by, we thought something horrible happened," he joked.

"Oh, nothing like that, Abraham," Steve said while he paid the check and added a hefty tip. "We've just been busy with everything and haven't had the time to drive back here in a while."

"Busy?" Chef Erskine's eyes twinkled as he took the bill from Steve. "Terrible two's, right? I've heard quite a few things about that time."

"Ah, well," Natasha said, her eyes lighting up with joy at the thought of what awaited her back at home. "It's not too terrible."

She reached her hand out across the table and Steve reached his out to hold it; they met in the middle.

Erskine chuckled. "Nevertheless, I am very happy the two of you took the time to visit our humble dwelling. Mr. Rogers, Ms. Romanoff— ah, I always forget, Mrs. Rogers."

Natasha smiled. "Don't worry about it. Sometimes, I can hardly believe it myself."

Her hand still in his, Natasha used the pads of her thumb to run smoothly over the band of silver on Steve's finger. He subconsciously did the same to her.

"I will leave you two to it then." Erskine began walking back to the kitchen. "Please take your time."

Natasha and Steve both thanked the chef and when it was just the two of them again, Steve asked, "You wanna go for a walk?"

"Tonight was perfect, Steve. We definitely needed a night out," Natasha said while they walked out the door of the restaurant. She popped a mint in her mouth and let its cooling palette fill her taste buds. She unwrapped another mint.

"We had to celebrate this special occasion." Steve opened his mouth for Natasha to toss the mint in.

"Special occasion? Did I forget your birthday again?" Natasha joked as she wrapped her coat around herself and began to walk out of the parking lot and in a familiar direction.

She definitely knew what today was and what it meant to them, but even as the years passed, Natasha never grew tired of playing with Steve. However, as the years passed, Steve had definitely learned how to play back.

"Yes, love," Steve agreed, pretending to be disappointed. "It was my birthday this late September and the fact that you forgot absolutely breaks my heart."

"Darling, no!" Natasha dramatized back. "I swear I'll make it up to you." She lowered her voice and tried a different tactic: entice Steve. He may have caught onto her sarcasm, but her flirting always threw him off, no matter how long they had been together.

She continued walking, but turned to do so backwards, her eyes focusing on Steve's the whole time and his on hers.

It definitely got his attention. "How so?"

Natasha grinned seductively and winked. The chase began and Steve was a willing player.

The two of them continued their stroll on the sidewalk, both glad that there was nobody else around to see their slightly tipsy alter-egos.

She stood in front of him to stop their walking and fixed his tie. Leaning in closer, her grip tightened on the silky fabric as she whispered, "How about a little friendly sexual unzipping?"

Steve pulled back from her and grinned. "You're forgiven. Let's go home," he said. In a haste, he grabbed her hand, ready to turn back and get into their car.

"Woah, woah, woah." Natasha laughed, pulling him back in. "Now hold on, are you forgetting the special occasion so soon?"

Steve looked around as he realized where Natasha had led them. "You know," he stated, matter-of-factly.

"Of course I know, I remember everything."

The two of them stood in front of their old apartment complex.

"Today is the first day we met," Steve reminisced. "It was exactly 5 years ago."

"Move-In Day: one of the most unforgettable days of my life." Natasha's green eyes twinkled.

"Says the woman who remembers every single day she has ever lived."

"You mean the 'ma'am' who remembers every single day she has ever lived?" Natasha teased.

Steve groaned dramatically, remembering their first conversation. "You know what, Romanoff?"

"You mean, Rogers?" She corrected teasingly.

Steve grinned at the reminder that they had finally tied the knot.