Chapter 3

“I know that, but…but it’s been three weeks now and I haven’t had my period.”

“You’re joking, right?”

Sobahle shook her head, wishing the look in his eyes was a bit less shocked, wishing that he showed at least a bit of excitement about the news.

“Did you take a test, at least? Did you see a doctor yet?”

“No, I wanted…”

“Then I’ll set the appointment.” He was panicking. Sobahle saw by how he was reacting and the look in his eyes. He was scared as much as he was shocked. “We can go together. And if you really are pregnant, then we can just get rid of it. You’ll be fine”

Her brows furrowed as she looked at him. She never thought that he was that type of person. She expected the negative reaction, but she never expected it to hurt that much.

“What?” She asked, her tears having long halted.

He nodded, his fear still shining through. “You know what will happen to my career if the fans find out I have a girlfriend, let alone a child on the way.”

“Trev…” More tears, but that time they were disappointed. She looked away from him, no longer wanting him to be by her side. “I think you should leave.” She crossed her arms over her chest. Suddenly feeling like she was standing outside in the cold without any protection.

“Sobahle,” Trevor walked to her line of vision. “Don’t tell me you were thinking of keeping it.” He was smiling, hoping that she would say that she agreed with him. She understood that his career was top priority for him. “You know how hard I worked to get where I am today. We can’t have this child and ruin everything I’ve worked for.”

Her heart sunk lower with every word he spoke.

“We won’t...” She cleared her dry throat and took in a deep breath. “We won’t have this child together. I’ll have it on my own. I don’t need you.” She did. Then more than any other time. “Please leave. I can’t look at you anymore.”

Trevor looked at her one last time then turned around and left her alone to fill the apartment with her terrified and disappointed sobs. She could be pregnant and if she was, she would be raising the baby on her own.

Some time after Trevor had left, Sobahle woke up on her bed. She cried so much that she ended up falling asleep. The first thing she saw was the paper bag with the three pregnancy tests that she bought. She took in a deep breath and then took them and went into the bathroom.

She had to make sure.

Although she did say that she would raise the baby alone, she was still hoping that she wasn’t pregnant at all. That thought alone scared her to bits. She just got a promotion. Getting pregnant right away wouldn’t look too good on her part. But she was willing to risk it all if she would be bringing a blessing into this world.

She will be okay, even if she will be doing it all alone.

Three pregnancy tests later and Sobahle was once again sobbing. She did not have any dinner that night.

Food was the furthest thought on her mind.