Part 11

"The war...The war!" Sentinel sounded as if he remembered. I walked next to Optimus and picked up the Matrix of Leadership.

"The war was lost. Cybertron is now but a barren wasteland." Optimus sat up and I handed him the Matrix. He gave me a curt nod and lifted me up as he looked back to the older Prime. "We have taken refuge here, on planet Earth. Its human race is our ally."

"My ship...We came under fire. The pillars-Where are the pillars?" He asked.

"You saved five of them, including the control pillar." Optimus answered.

"Only five? We once had hundreds!" Sentinel shouted. I flinched. I don't know why but he gave me a bad feeling...

"Excuse me, gentlemen. May I as-what is this technology you're looking for?" Mearing asked, she stood on the railings near his height.

"It is the ability to reshape the universe. Together the pillars form a Space Bridge. I designed, and I alone, can control it. It defies your laws of physics to transport matter through time and space." He explained.

"You're talking about a teleportation device, aren't you?"

"Yes, for resources, for refugees." Optimus spoke up.

"Refugees, or troops of soldiers, weapons, maybe bombs! A means of an instant strike! That's its military function, isn't it?" Mearing suddenly snapped me out of my fear trance.

"It is our technology and it must be returned." Sentinel said.

"Yes. If humans say so! You can't just bring weapons of mass destruction into our atmosphere! Kind of have to clear customs first. A little formality called paperwork, kind of separates us from the animals." She shouted explaining how things 'work' here on earth.

"Mearing! Might I remind you, you are only here to observe and report, not speak opinions! The president himself gave them permission to refuge here on our planet in exchange for their help and knowledge but not their weapons or technology. An alliance! That is what NEST is built upon. Don't you think even without their technology they wouldn't have killed us by now?" I defended them.

"Thank you human." Sentinel said looking to me. Then he looked back to Mearing. "I will overlook your condescending tone if you heed the gravity of mine. The Decepticons must never know the Space Bridge is here. For in their hands, it would mean the end of your world." Sentinel warned. I looked between the woman and Prime.

"How about we call it a night?" I spoke up. They turned to me. "Tonights been a bit hectic. I'm sure you're tired, and have to deal with some...guests...and Sentinel I'm sure you'll like to meet the other autobots that are refuged here?"

"...Very well." Mearing sighed. I nodded and she began walking away with a few soldiers following her. Lennox gave me a nod. Sentinel kept starring at me, which made me a bit uncomfortable.

"Who are you?" He asked. I was about to speak when Optimus beat me to it.

"She's our friend!" Mudflap spoke up from behind Sentinel.

"She has risked her life many times for ours." Optimus explained.

"My name is Bowie Manuela. It's an...honor to meet another Prime." I greeted.

"..I see...Thank you for defending us against your own. We are in your debt." I nodded slowly.

"Are you hurt?" Optimus asked.

"Hm? No. A fall like that can't kill me. You should know this." I chuckled.

"I guess you're right." I nodded. "How has the project come along? I am aware that you tested it?"

"Oh! Yes I have. I'll tell you about it, but for now let's show Sentinel where the autobots reside. Jazz?" Jazz nodded and he help lead Sentinel away. I sighed in relief.

"Something the matter?" Optimus asked. I looked back up to him.

"No no, nothing. Just a bit tired still I guess. Mercy, the new autobot takes a lot out of me."

"Rest." I nodded. He led me back to my room and placed me at the door. I thanked him as I opened the door.

"Bowie?" I heard. I stopped and turned to Optimus.

"What is it?" He stared at me and stayed silent. "Hm?"

"...Thank you." I blinked confused.

"For what?"

"For everything." I blinked again then chuckled.

"I told you guys over again I would do it in a heart beat." He smiled and nodded before he left. I entered and jumped onto bed without changing out of my clothes letting sleep take over.

-/-

"-Now, agent, here at the Factor we have obtained documents that show you were fired by the intelligence committee-"I heard the TV play. I sighed and shook my head. Looked like Simmons made a name for himself as an author on a book about us. I turned off the TV and got out of my room only to be met with another woman.

"Oh-Um who are you?" She asked. I raised a brow. A new recruit?

"Do you need something?" She frowned.

"Yes, I'd like to know why you're coming out of Chris' room." Is she apart of his team? I saw Jazz and a few others come towards us.

"Chris isn't here. I'm sleeping here to the time being. Now excuse me." I said passing her. She grabbed my arm and pulled me to face her.

"Why are you sleeping in his room?!"

"I'm sorry but why are you so defensive-"

"I'm his girlfriend!" I froze and went wide eye. Everything around us went silent. "Well! Who are you?!"

"...his girlfriend? You're his girlfriend?" I asked in shock. My heart felt heavy and my chest began hurting.

"That's what I said-"

"Bowie?!" I heard Lennox call me. I felt the girl's grip tense up around my arm. She let go and backed away.

"You're his wife...Commander Bowie..." She muttered with fear across her face.

"...Was his wife. Excuse me, I have somewhere to be." I huffed spinning around and walked away. Lennox stood there confused.

"Oh man, shit just got real..." I heard Mudflap mutter in the silence.