[2]

Isabel laid on her bed with her phone talking to Ruby, just getting to know each other really.

isabel: i noticed that you have a british accent? where are you from? :)

ruby: i'm right outside of london actually! sometimes i miss it there

isabel: omg! i literally am obsessed with england! that's so cool, tell me more?

ruby: well i guess it was pretty average, i went to this one bookstore weekly and almost every day i would sit and read at this coffee shop, i prefer tea though haha

isabel: that sounds amazing! there's actually a lot of bookstores and coffee shops here in LA, wanna go to one someday? I'll unfortunately be drinking coffee though, it's way better

ruby: i've noticed that actually. How about tomorrow at 4 at that one coffee place right by CVS?

isabel; sounds good ;)

Isabel set down her phone, she was so excited to finally see Ruby again and get closer to her, but at this point it was 11pm, definitely time to settle down and watch some Netflix then get some good sleep.

Isabel woke up at 6am tired as hell. She poured herself a cup of black coffee and added in 4 packs of sugar, just how she liked it. She sipped on it then went to working out with the rest of her siblings.

"Hey Emily guess what?" She said holding back a smile while stretching on the floor. "I don't know, you like a girl or something?" Emily answered back completely unaware of that actually being what it was. Isabel paused and in between her laughter she said "YEAH THATS ACTUALLY WHAT IT IS" Emily looked at her in a shocked but happy way. "Tell me about this girl, I wanna know EVERYTHING." Emily stated. Isabel was excited to tell her honestly. She stood up and began stretching her arms instead. "I met her at Veggie Grill last week and she's really pretty so I got her number and later today we're going on a date! Well it's not a date we're just hanging out I guess" Isabel said nervously. "Girl you're literally the main character. What's her name and whats she look like i'm curious now." Emily said while taking sips of water. Isabel took out her phone and showed a picture. "Her names Ruby, she's from London." She gasped "OH MY GOD you are so lucky that is an absolutely gorgeous woman." Isabel laughed, she was so happy she had such a supportive sister. "Can I be a third wheel on this date?" Emily said jokingly. Isabel gave her a stare. "I'm just kidding ya."

It was 3:50. Isabel put on her favorite necklaces and her zodiac one. "Hopefully she likes Aquarius's" She thought while slipping on her converse. She picked up her perfume "Amazing grace" She sprayed some on herself, picked up her phone then left to the coffee shop. It wasn't too long of a walk. Her apartment was close enough to just about every place she loves visiting, almost like her hometown in Chicago, everything was walking distance to her including a Starbucks which was perfect. She arrived at the place and sat down nervously. Immediately thoughts raced throughout her head. "What if she doesn't show up? What if she forgot about it? What if the plan was a joke?" She was terrified when she heard a polite "Hey Isabel!" And the sound of a chair squeaking. She looked up and of course it was Ruby. She smiled. "What's up Ruby! I'm so glad that we could finally hang out"

Isabel sat with her coffee and Ruby with her tea. They discussed basic things just about life, nothing too special. But a question crossed her mind that she didn't exactly know how to bring up. "How the hell do you ask someone if they're gay.." She thought when an idea popped up. Isabel cleared her throat "I have a friend who I think is gay but I don't know how to ask without being weird, any advice?" Isabel said hesitantly. "I've never really thought of that before." She stated. "But if I were you I would just flat out ask, I mean it's 2021 there's absolutely nothing wrong with being gay right?" She said then sipped her tea. "You're right, well" Isabel paused. "Do you like girls..??" She said nervously praying she doesn't say no. "Yeah! Actually I do. i've been lesbian since about year 7, did I give off the vibes?" Ruby asked. Isabel could feel relief. She breathed out. "Honestly yeah you did. I've been bisexual since jeez I don't even know. Since I was a freshman in high school?" Ruby smiled "That's awesome, but my question is.. what's a freshman..??" Isabel laughed "Sorry I think it's year 10 for you? Not too sure." Ruby immediately went "Oooohhhh okay."

Isabel felt butterflies in her stomach, not nervous ones but the ones you feel when you're in love. Making the first move is what got Isabel here in the first place, Ruby's hand was on the table so she reached out and placed her hand into Ruby's. They looked at each other and smiled, they both felt their hearts racing, it was amazing. "Hey, wanna go to that book store now?" Isabel mumbled but just loud enough to be heard. Ruby nodded.

They walked into the store. It was very quiet, so quiet you could hear a pin drop on the floor. Isabel whispered. "What's your favorite type of book to read?" "I love young adult romance honestly" Isabel gasped. "Literally me too oh my god." They immediately walked over to the section. They hovered over the books. "The fault in our stars" "To all the boy's i've loved before" "Red white and loyal blue" All books both of them have read before. But oh there were TONS more to look at and they were interested to see which ones there were to read. A minute into searching together Isabel felt the butterflies again, she looked down and smiled then grabbed Rubys hand again, she looked back at Isabel and giggled. This felt so right, They were right for each other and they both knew it.

the girls finished picking out books. Isabel picked out "Annie on my mind" and Ruby picked "Heartstopper" They checked out their books and walked out. "Are you able to come over to my place?" Isabel asked.