Chapter XVI

Chapter XVI

"No. I'm just a normal towngirl from Genova," diretso kong sagot.

He looked at me in the eye, unconvinced but he nodded. "Maybe your similarities ends with your name and physical appearance. I'm sorry for mistaking you as her, Charlotte."

Umiling ako at ngumiti. I enveloped him in a soft and warm hug which he melted into. Nanatili kami sa ganoong posisyon hanggang sa napagdesisyonan ni Bill na bumalik na sa kanyang trabaho.

"Thank you for listening. It feels good now that I've told someone my burden. And I'm sorry for bothering you with my tears."

"Don't worry about it. You can always ran to me if you need a you need a shoulder to cry on," I smiled as his green eyes met my black ones.

For I moment I thought that he was leaning. Taking gap by gap until our nose touched and I can't focus my eyes on his face anymore. The air felt hot, and romantic. I was about to close my eyes and feel his red lips on mine when the front door burst open.

Kaagad kaming natauhan ni Bill at lumayo sa isa't-isa. The ghost of his lips were left on mine. Our heart was beating so fast and our face flushed when Lois and Reneé entered the kitchen. Audrey and Rayne was behind them.

"Nandito ka lang pala, Charlotte. We were wondering why you didn't show up for lunch," si Audrey ang unang nagsalita sa amin.

"A-ah Bill and I just had our lunch here. Sorry for making you worry," I apologized with a little panic that they saw what happened earlier. I'm shy.

"We had chicken legs for lunch, kuya. Are you alright? Your eyes are red and puffy," Lois noticed as he went to the still silent William.

Iniwas ni Bill ang kanyang paningin sa aming lahat at nagpaalam na magbibihis bago bumalik sa trabaho. I mentally smirked on my head. He's shy to tell them that he cried. I don't know why but I find the crying Bill adorable.

"What happened, Charlotte?" nagtatakang tanong ni Rayne.

Umiling ako. "Nothing, maybe his eyes caught the specs of dust flying all over."

They bought it. And when Bill went out of his room, he immediately bid his goodbye. He said that he's going to work while the five of us when to the square to ease the stress that's been draining us this days.

As I saw the huge poplars dancing with the wind, I felt the calmness. I closed my eyes and breathe the fresh air of early November. It's windy and cold. Winter will be here fast enough and soon, thi square will be enveloped with white and fluffy crystals.

"Winter's coming soon. Do you like winter, ate Charlotte?" Lois asked beside me.

I grinned and nodded. "Of course, everybody loves winter, Lois."

We spend our afternoon drinking tea at Rayne's house. Her father was sleeping upstairs so we need to be quiet but it turns out that with Audrey around, we can't. She tripped on a stall in Rayne's dining room while holding a tray of antique cups with vines and pink flowers painted around it. She then lost her balance and sent the teacups flying im the air. It all landed with a loud crack. Rayne's father was horrified at the sight of his broken antique tea cups. We apologized but it seems that his love for those cups are immeasurable, and he can't forgive us easily for destroying them.

In the end, we switched to Audrey's house. Her small cottage with vines all over the place stood there serenely. There, we continued our tea. Just the three of us and Elois and Reneé on a cold early November.

"What's that?" I asked as I greeted Bill when I saw him on Kirsten's front porch early in the morning.

He was holding a box of corn.