1. Arrival

"Bye, mom! See you in August!" Y/n waved until her mom's car was out of sight. She had just been dropped off at Camp Crystal Lake, the same summer camp she has gone to since she was 5. The place hasn't ever changed, still the same classic camp in the woods.

Y/n jolted when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning, she sighed in relief. "Jeez, Jason, you got to stop sneaking up on people. A man as big as you is not supposed to be quiet."

The camp counselor Jason Vorhees had also been around for as long as Y/n could remember. He was a big hulking man with the camp t-shirt and comically small red shorts. He still wore his hockey mask, same as every year. Y/n never really asked why he wore it, she just thought it looked kinda cool.

'Sorry. Can't help it.' The man signed to her before holding up the clipboard he held. 'Still have to sign in.'

Y/n laughed. "Yeah, like I'm not memorable." She joked before signing her name on the list. Jason nodded and looked her over. "What?"

'Got taller. Not as tiny anymore.'

Y/n scoffed and playfully straightened. Her height was just as comical as his, only going up to his stomach despite being 14. She was the shortest teen at the camp every year.

'Soon I'll be able to take you on.' She signed. Jason ruffled her hair before moving on the next kid being dropped off by their parents.

Taking both her duffel bags, Y/n walked into the camp. She passed dozens of other kids, half of which she knew and said hi to. She saw her cabin number on the clipboard, so she found her way easily to the place she'll live in for the next two months.

Walking in, Y/n immediately noticed that this cabin was less crowded, only four bunk beds lined up against the wall instead of the usual six. And there was a very familiar person unloading their clothes.

"Carrie!"

The other girl looked up, her face brightening. "Y/n! You came!"

"Of course I did!" Y/n dropped her bags off at the bed and let the other girl hug her. "I couldn't let you steal the top bunk."

Carrie laughed. "Oh my, it's been a whole year since I last saw you! How's your family?"

"They're fine." Y/n said as she tossed her bags onto the top bunk. "Nothing unusual. How's your mom?"

"Oh, she's fine." Carrie answered, and Y/n chose to ignore the subtle stiffening the girl got whenever she talked about her mother. "You know, just worries about me."

Y/n nodded. "Well, we've got two months to just hang out and have fun! Did you bump into Jason when you first got here?"

"No, thankfully. If my mother got one glance at him, she'd never let me come back. But I saw him afterwards, and he made me sign in, as if we haven't been coming here for the past nine years."

"Yeah, he always does stick by the rules."

The two summer friends continued talking as they got settled into their cabin. They haven't seen who else they'll be sharing it with, so they chose to wander around once they were done.

Carrie spotted the mess hall. "Hey, dinner's gonna be right after the welcoming. Do you think Mrs. Vorhees is going to make her mystery soup?"

"No. The health department is still trying to see if it's considered food." Y/n joked, both girls laughing. "I want her to make her pizza, that's actually really good."

Both girls stopped when someone blew a whistle. Turning, they joined the other campers gathered around the main hall. The head counselor Chris was calling all the kids over. Once she had everyone's attention, she smiled and spoke.

"Welcome to camp Crystal Lake! To those returning, glad to see ya. And for newcomers, welcome! We have a lot of fun planned for the next two months, and I can't wait! Now, let's introduce my fellow counselors."

Chris searched the crowd before seeing who she was looking for. "That's Jason. He's another counselor and will be leading most of the outside activities. Don't let the mask get to you, he's just a big ole softie. Ain't that right, Jason?"

The man signed a positive salute, making a few kids laugh. Chris then pointed out a few other counselors, most of them teenagers finally old enough to no longer be campers.

"And there's a few more people who work here, though I don't see them now. They just work to keep the camp up. Anyway, it's getting late so why don't you all file into the mess hall and get some dinner."

That got the kids attention, and they hurried to the other building. Only Y/n and Carrier were left as Chris jogged over to them.

"Hey guys, sorry I couldn't meet up earlier. I had to get everyone else assembled."

"No problem. So, head counselor, huh?" Y/n said, acting very impressed.

Chris nodded. "Yep. My first year, and I'm already head. Just two more years for you two, and then we can all be counselors!"

All three girls headed to the mess hall, talking the way there.

Y/n hoped they had a fun summer.

————
This will just be a collection of summer camp drabbles, so no judgement as it's just for fun. Let me know if there's any storyline or other horror movie icons that you want to see. Enjoy😉!