FRIENDS

WARNING , there will be mild swearing in the short story ahead.

please note that this is an old work of mine and im not totally proud of it, however people seemed to enjoy it when i showed it to them so i asked that you please understand my writing has changed a bit since i wrote this short story and i absolutely hate how i ended it. but i am a firm believer in leaving things how i left them originally when i was first proud of it. thank you!

-

There's no way.

There's absolutely no fucking way the two of you are just friends.

Tsukishima could not fathom it. It made absolutely zero sense to him, that the two of you were so oblivious. The two of you were complete idiots when it came to your feelings for each other and that made you somewhat perfect for each other in his opinion.

But everyone noticed exactly how you felt for each other, aside from either of you.

Everyone could tell by the flushed faces and stuttered sentences at the mere mention of the other person.

Boisterous laughs echoed throughout the small room as the entirety of the Karasuno male volleyball club sat scattered around. Some laid across the soft material of your beds comforter, some sat on the floor pushing each other around and playing games, and the others were simply exploring your interests or trying to make bets on whether they can jump from your window to the large tree that was planted in your backyard spoiler, they cant.

The joy of finally being invited for a sleepover at their lovely third managers house, had their overexcited voices clashing messily against one another. The amount of different conversations going on could give anyone within hearing distance a migraine.

The remnants of pillow feathers aimlessly drifted through the air, a telltale sign of your previous pillow fight that you had with Hinata, Kageyama, Nishinoya, Tanaka and Yamaguchi.

A few feathers rested among the messy locks of those who participated, as the six of you rested before getting up to start another round of viciously smacking one another with long since deflated pillows. The previously blasting Bluetooth speaker sat uselessly on your desk, no longer blasting popular 80s music for your hairbrush karaoke concert with Suga, Nishinoya and Tanaka.

The speakers volume had been majorly turned down since then and now there was some common lo-fi song playing quietly through the much louder room. Yamaguchi sighed to himself as he plopped himself down on the floor, before leaning back against the sturdy wooden frame of your bed.

His head fell back against the plush mattress, clover hair spreading messily, his eyes sinking closed and cheeks puffing out in a huff of exhaustion.

God why is this so difficult? he wondered.

It was only a night and it's not like he was exactly alone with you, even though he somewhat wished he was, the rest of the team was there including Kiyoko and Yachi. So it's not like he could exactly embarrass himself with everyone there... right? Besides-

Wait... when did it get so quiet?

His eyes scrunched together tightly, his mind racing as he tried to figure out is his teammate's were always this quiet after all.

Slowly opening his eyes, a strangled noise resonated from the back of his throat, his body attempting to lurch backwards for personal space but the bed frame behind him stopped him from doing just that. His head turned to glance back at the frame before looking back in front of him with wide eyes.

In front of him you were on your knee's leaning towards him, with your hands resting at the bottom of his thighs, just above his kneecaps. A bright blush blossomed rapidly across his blemished cheeks at the close proximity between the two of you.