Śõ šøøñ

Balqiisa's POV:

My phone was placed next to my ears as I dialed Verity's number. I was so anxious because Namjoon would be arriving tomorrow with all his friends and I hadn't even gotten the house ready. There was no way I would show the most famous boy band how much of a messy tramp I was.

The dialing tone had finally clicked and I heard Verity's voice through the phone.
"Hey, Bali. What's up?"

"Are you on your way yet? I have no idea how to clean this house or where to even fucking start." I said while biting my nails. I could hear laughing. Verity's laughing.
"You better not be mocking me right now Verity."

"What if I was?" More laughing could be heard but I could also hear the wind in the background. So she was on her way. I ended the call because I was already stressed as it is and Verity was not helping. She was supposed to be the supportive friend. I snickered at my thoughts and waited patiently at the front porch.

Several minutes later, Verity made her way up my path and into the house with me following behind.
"Shit, you were not kidding when you said you lived like a pig." I could already see her smirking.
"I never said that and why are acting as if you've never seen my house. But that's beside the point. Are you gonna help me clean it up or not?"

Although my house was very much a palace, I never took the time to clean it. My house was black and gold-based and all the floor tiles were white. There was a spiraling staircase that lead upstairs. The other 7 bedrooms in my house were probably filled with dust as no one had gone inside for around a year. The living room had my dirty clothes on the floor with a bunch of cold blankets thrown around the couches.

One of the only places I could say I was proud of was my kitchen. Let's just say I love baking and cooking and it's one of the reasons why the kitchen looks so clean. There were black marble countertops with large cabinets, that were painted a shimmering gold, all around the top area. My black fridge was immensely grand even though I was the only one who ate food from it.

Verity shook me out of my thoughts and handed me a broom.
"Start sweeping."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Finally fucking done!" I said, sighing. My legs and arms were sore after cleaning the whole house. I'm pretty sure I would be dead right now if Verity wasn't helping me. I jumped into my bed and under my covers.
"Fucking hell."
"Sleepover?" I questioned and Verity, not being able to say no, agreed. We both slid under the covers and wished each other goodnight.

I was a tiny bit worried I wouldn't be able to sleep because of Namjoon arriving tomorrow. But slowly, my eyelids became heavier until I slept from exhaustion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My alarm blared, which left my ears ringing from the pain. I stood up and went downstairs searching for Verity.

When I arrived at the kitchen, my mouth watered at the sight in front of my eyes. On the countertop were plates with pancakes topped on each other. I looked up from the glorious sight and stared at Verity's green eyes.
"Who'd you cook this up for?"
She looked as if she was about to slap me.
"Did you already forget we are going to have company in about," she paused before checking her watch, " An hour?"
Scanning over her outfit, I realised she had a cute summer dress on. Fuck I can't believe I forgot.

My eyes widened as I sped up the stairs and into my bedroom. I tried to find the perfect outfit, one that wouldn't show how much of a mess I was. I pulled a tight flower dress over my head and patted off the imaginary dust.

I cursed internally when I saw my head of curls. I fixed it up, which was not an easy task, and finally rested my arms. Twin braids looked perfect on me. I made my way downstairs for the second time today and thought about how I should start a conversation with Namjoon. I could tell I was going to embarrass myself already.