Chapter 11: Repentance

*Another Chapter everyone! Who's ready? Optimus may become a prevalent character in this story more so for (Y/n) than Shatter. He will only be a supporting character though, it will make more sense the further we go.

I have a quiz for you guys, this is merely something for fun. What do you think is Shatter's theme song in this book would be, personally I think I love Rock 'N Roll By: Joan Jett and The Blackhearts suits her perfectly. What about you guys? What song do you guys think suits Shatter? Tell me and I'll listen to it!

Warning: This chapter has self-hate and a small mention of suicide*

Shatter cruised into the night. Street lights reflected off her Plymouth Satellite vehicle mode, she drove on the quiet scarcely occupied street her processor elsewhere.

Shatter came and went, her restored vehicle mode gave her the freedom she yearned for. If not by a small margin. Yet, she did not have time to fully enjoy it her processor was too clouded with other thoughts.

She kept thinking back to her initial return to (Y/n)'s residence so full of anger and vengeance. She never had the forethought to think of what would happen to (Y/n) mentally or emotionally if he was unfortunate to be there in the middle of a battle.

Humans processed warfare differently, she had to remind herself of that. They were inexperienced in the true ways of war. They were a young species, the longest war they have ever fought  lasted for more than five hundred vorns(years)

Her war lasted before his species even knew how to speak.

Though they did share similar aspects. Shell shock or PTSD as it is more commonly known by humanity was a problem Cybertronians suffered though as well. She lost count of how many soldiers she knew who lost their processors to the paranoia and fear of bloody war.

Which was why she vowed to prevent (Y/n) from ever seeing their war again. She did not doubt he recognized her lack of presence in his home. She scarcely conversed with him and left the garage on a regular basis.

Shatter began taking winding roads surrounded by forestry away from the town leaving humanity behind for a moment, intent to find somewhere she could go.

She was so angry when she saw the Prime, years of warfare and death because of him! because he was too proud to let their new government come to power. Cruelty was necessary to enforce on those who resisted, it was how warfare is waged.

Or that's what she had told herself.

Shatter used sentiment as a shield, to defend herself and her actions. She was doing this for her people, for the Decepticon cause. 

Shatter thought back to the Lieutenant, Cliffjumper he was called. He was brave she had to admit, at least for an Autobot. She had felt no guilt for what she did, even took delight at the time.

But now...

(Y/n) had changed her, the thought of doing something of such cruelty to even her enemy with the thought of (Y/n) being there, judging her for doing it made her tanks churn.

She didn't want him to hate her.

A small part of her wanted it to be true, to be the hero (Y/n) saw her as if he even still did...

Her vehicle form pulled to a stop at a cliff overlooking the city in the distance. The spot was empty and devoid of life besides that of the plants and trees which provided her perfect cover from human vehicles

Shatter shifted form and stood tall and walked over to the park bench that rested silently on the ground next to her right pede.

Human vandalism littered the old wood that made up the seat of the bench. Some of dumb jokes, or 'so and so was here' but one thing stood out to her the most.