What Are You Going to do With It?

Y/N's POV

Lauren comes back from the tour today. I gave her the space she asked for but this is dragging out too long. Is she even going to come home, here, today? Or is she going to go back to Amy's? Does she hate me and never wants to speak to me again? I know I'm being irrational on that last one because if Lauren wanted to end our engagement she would have at least had the balls to say it and not ghost me. But I can help but worry as it has been over a week since she told me she needed time.

This past week has been miserable for me. I'm struggling to keep myself from sinking into this deep depression I am feeling. I impressed myself with how clean I managed to keep our home, that being the only thing I've managed to do besides lay in bed. As I glance in the mirror, I realize how I should probably take care of myself, my dirty hair and dark eyes tell me it is time for me to shower.

Usually, I'd play music in the bathroom, but the only thing I wanted to hear was Lauren's stuff and right now, I know I will break if I can only hear her voice through Bluetooth speakers. I light a few candles and climb into a hot bath in an attempt to relax as well. I lean back in the water to wash my hair, debating if I should just go under and not come back up. I shake the thought out of my head and finish cleaning myself.

As I lean back against the side, trying to ease my tense muscles, I hear the door open and I turn in surprise. Lauren is standing in front of me with a blank expression that is hard to read, but it is easy to tell she isn't happy. We stare at each other, me in surprise and her in uncertainty, before Lauren moves to sit on the tiles beside me.

"Tell me what happened. Every detail." She sighs and leans against the wall of the tub. I look to see if she is still wearing her ring before I start the story all over again. Lauren sits quietly the entire time, never once interrupting or asking questions. "And then she kissed me. I pushed her away and I left to call you." I sigh as I finish telling her the truth.

"Ok," She says as she nods. "Ok? You have to give me more than that, Laur." I try and stay calm but I feel the panic inside me. I watch in confusion as she stands, pulling her hair up before taking off her shirt. "I believe you." She says, undressing and then stepping into the bath with me. "I'm sorry I took so long to figure that out."

I'm still surprised by all of this but I wrap my arms around her and pull her back against me. "I'm sorry I made you doubt me. I missed you." I whisper in her ear as I hold her close. "I missed you too." She sighs, relaxing into me.

"Where are we going, Y/N? I'm tired, I just want to rest." She says as I open the car door. "I want to show you something, then I will take you back home and give you all the cuddles you want." I laugh as she groans while I pull her out. I can tell she isn't amused that I drug her out of the house right after our bath.

"It won't take long, I promise," I say happily, taking her hand as I lead her into the building. This place is pretty cool, it's an old factory that they've redone to house a bunch of small businesses. "Are we getting ice cream? Lauren asks in confusion. "I mean, we can if you want. That's not why we're here."

I take her to one of the closed-up shops and I unlock the door. "Wait? What?" She whispers but follows me inside. It's dark, I drop her hand and walk across the room to the electrical panel, turning on the switch. Light encompasses the room and Lauren looks around in awe. "Is this place yours?" She walks slowly as she looks.

"Yeah, I signed the papers the day you were getting on to me for sitting around not doing anything with my life," I smirk as she glares playfully. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asks. "I wanted it to be a surprise, I don't know." I laugh. I follow her through the shop. After she's walked through the two main rooms she turns to me. "What are you going to do with it?"

"Photography studio. Out front, I'll put up my own prints to sell. Then back here will be a studio with backdrops and whatnot hanging... here." I hold out my hands to a large empty wall. "I can take people's pictures and sell the photos. All I need is some help with the interior design." I turn to face her with a smile. "I think I know someone who might do it in exchange for being allowed to use the studio for her band whenever she wants. They're pretty famous for independent artists, I bet them using my studio would even give me some street cred." I joke as I look her over.

Lauren moves in front of me quickly and pulls me in for a kiss. I wrap my arms around her neck as I pull her in closer, missing the taste of her lips. "So what do you think?" I ask softly as we pull away, trying to catch our breath after such a passion-filled kiss. "I think this is perfect for you and I would be very happy to help." Lauren smiles.

I pull her back in for another sweet kiss. At this moment, it's hard to not recognize just how much I need her in my life. I will do everything in my power to ensure I won't lose her due to my own actions. I'm going to marry this amazing brown-eyed woman in front of me.