sacred kissing tree

BEAUTIFUL PICSPAM TO THE SIDE WAS BY THE AMAZING @novaology so go to her page and follow her or read her stories! Infinite hugs goes to her <3

Maybe it wasn't romantic that I had my first kiss where everyone else had theirs. Maybe it was weird that I was excited when my crush brought me to the sacred kissing tree. But I'm not normal. And neither was our love.

I'm proud to say that I was the only one to get proposed to at that tree. Everyone else left- don't get me wrong, so did I. I hate this town as much as the next person. But Chase wasn't your average guy. He took in every little detail. That's why I started liking him in the first place. He was so observant- and a bit cliché. He proposed to me at the same place where he asked me to be his girlfriend and where we shared our first kiss. Does that make it more romantic?

Chase and I went through a lot. We share torn up memories and dark bruises across our hearts and minds. People will never understand, though. No one gets why I came back to this town. Is it really that hard to understand? Chase and I came back for the sacred (kissing) tree. That tree ment everything to Chase. The tree symbolized the little steps it took for us to fall in love.

Step 1:

Get the kiss.

Step 2:

Ask the girl out.

Step 3:

Ask the girl to marry you.

Never follow those steps. Go on a date before you go running around kissing people. Kissing before dating should be a no. Then again, Chase and I weren't normal.

I came back and suddenly I felt amazing. I didn't mind this stupid town because I had the only man a woman could ever dream of having. I had the man of my dreams- my life. My everything. He was mine and I was his. He was mine. Was.

But that was the past.

Chase died a couple years back. He went to the sacred tree. And a drunk driver came speeding by. I lost him. I lost everything. What good is the money? What good is living when the only person keeping you alive is gone? Chase was robbed from me and I wanted to be robbed from this earth. I had nothing to fill the empty void in my heart.

Each day was worse than the last. I had to force myself to get out of bed. Chase loved me through all of my faults. Chase wanted many kids and I couldn't give that to him. I can't concieve children. I couldn't bring a bigger joy to Chase's life. I couldn't give him the baby he wanted yet he didn't care. He still loved me.

How can anyone replace a man like that?

Simple. You can't.

But that is okay. I have learned that Chase isn't gone. Chase lives in my heart and mind. Chase will never leave me. He never has.