3

Your eyes almost blurred at the unexpected sight. Park Jimin. He looked so different.

So different. You thought to yourself.

His hair had gone from a wild and untamed helmet head to styled and a little long. He was taller than you had remembered. You didn't want to admit that you enjoyed the sight of his figure, but you couldn't help it. It was obvious he worked out. Like, really obvious.

You caught yourself zoning out on his presence and shook your head to repress your new thoughts.

"Jimin," you stuttered embarrassingly, "I-uh."

Your throat cleared itself to quit the obvious hesitancy in your voice.

"You too."

He smiled and you watched his eyes do the same.

"You grew up a little," he chuckled and put his hand on the back of his neck. But, not in an uncomfortable way like he felt awkward. It was in a way that was confident. You wanted to watch where his eyes scanned on your person, but you had a hard time looking at his somewhat intimidating glance. It didn't threaten you, but instead caught you off guard.

Because you wouldn't be looking at him in the same way that you used to when you were kids. Your eye contact wouldn't be rage or aggression, but lust. And you didn't want to admit it. He had still done all those terrible things to you. The past wasn't erased, but were you able to overlook it?

You weren't sure.

"If anyone's grown up, it's you." You commented, "Unless, of course, you're still pulling pranks on other girls besides me."

He scowled his eyes and slightly curved his lip up, forming a mischievous smile.

"Trust me," he went on, "you're the only girl I did that to."

How flirtatious. You thought to yourself. At this point, you wanted to play along.

"And why was that?" You grilled.

He seemed surprised by your tone. As if he suspected a sudden flirtation in your voice, but couldn't tell whether that's exactly what it was. It caught him off guard, making the rubbing on the back of his neck awkward instead of confident.

Instead of answering, he ignored your forward question.

"How long are you guys staying?" Jimin asked, looking away for a moment.

"God, don't you listen to anything mom says?" Jiya chimed in, "The entire summer."

His eyes shifted back and forth, going from you, to the lake, to your family, and finally back to you.

"Yeah so no pranks." You teased him and he smiled.

"No promises," he replied, looking into your eyes this time.

Suddenly, you heard a voice from the kitchen. "Dinner!" Alexandra called out to the small gathering of people in the yard.

"Let's go!" Jiya encouraged and grabbed your hand, pulling you into the house.

For a split second after getting yanked, you looked back at Jimin, whom you had caught staring. Instantly, he looked away. And right then, you knew:

This summer will be different.