Experiment 3

The next day, seeing as there's almost nothing to do, [M/N] decided to go to the market place and see what they have in store.

As he walks through the market, whisper and murmurs filled the area.

The whispers of the people caught the Golden Guard's attention as he is currently in the market as well, this time in a regular attire and without his mask.

He look around and saw the alchemist looking through the shops with his usual attire.

After thinking about, he comes to the conclusion of 'befriending' the alchemist in order to gain information for the Emperor. By that time, [M/N] had stopped in front of a shop selling fresh apples.

He then approaches the [H/C] haired male with a soft smile on his lips. "Hello there, you're the chief alchemist, right? My name's Hunter." He asked the said male while scratching his cheek. [M/N] turned to the side facing the shorter male in front of him with a single red apple in hand, his eyes scanning him up and down making Hunter nervous. [M/N] eyes then stop at his own, they continue to make eye-contact for what felt like an eternity which make Hunter even more nervous then before. But he had to admit, the alchemist [E/C] eyes are very mesmerizing he's more than positive that he could get lost in them forever.

[M/N] clears his throat snapping Hunter out of his trance. "Hunter was it? It's a pleasurer to meet you—and yes, I am The chief alchemist." [M/N] said as he turned back to the apples on the stands. 'Did... did he just turn his back on me?! This guy got nerves to do that to me!! Me of all witches on the Boiling Isles!!' Calming himself down, Hunter exhales from his nose before attempting to continue the conversation. "So, what exactly are you doing in the market? From what I had heard from other witches you would rather lock yourself in your laboratory, doing experiments all day all night."

"Well I still need to go out sometimes, I can't just stay there for weeks maybe even months." [M/N] straightly answers him without missing a beat his eyes still glued to the apples he's picking from the stand. "I guess that makes sense." Hunter replied he then saw the alchemist paying for 1 bag of the apples he just picked, thinking quickly he says. "Hey, I can carry that for you. If you want—" He got cut off by [M/N] putting the bag unto Hunters hands, the said male look back at the alchemist with a confused face which earned him a raised eyebrow from [M/N].

"Is something the matter? You had offered after all." [M/N] asked with a snarky tone as he starts walking towards somewhere in a rather quick pace, resulting in Hunter trying his best to catch up with him through the crowded market. "Ah, right. But I didn't thought you would actually accepted my offer." Hunter responds as he manage to catch up with [M/N] and are now walking beside him.

"Where are we going?" Hunter asked as he tried to keep up with the alchemist while dodging other witches along the crowded road. "Knights of Favonius Headquarters." [M/N] said blankly which caught Hunter off guard.

The Knights of Favonius; is the order of knights that protects Mondstadt a place located somewhere in the boiling isles and was founded by with the help of the Titan 1,000 years ago, to prevent aristocrats from ruling the land, as the Titan originally intended.

The knights act as the lawmen of Mondstadt, keeping its citizens safe and creating and upholding laws for all.

Currently, the Grand Master; Varka, is out of Mondstadt on an expedition with his squad. In his place; Jean, who holds the title of Dandelion Knight and Lionfang Knight, is filling in as the Acting Grand Master.

And you're telling him that the both of them are going to their Headquarters?!

Wait, hold on! That means he's going to Mondstadt as well!

Before he knew it, both of them are now in front of Mondstadt's city gate, entering the City of Freedom. Hunter look around the city, mesmerized by the building structures and the things happening around them. As his eyes scan through the place, he instantly notice that...

A hand full of the people own palismans.

And here he thought he had already found a lot of palismans around Boiling Isles and yet here they're. A hand full of palismans in the City of Freedom. The city he never thought to search in the first place.

"Here we are." [M/N] stated snapping Hunter out of his trance as they're finally arrived in front of the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. "Ah then, here's your—" "No need, just come with me."

"H-huh?! You want me to go inside of the Headquarters!?"

"Yes, that's what I said. Now come, I don't want to hear another ear full from the Acting Grandmaster." He said, opening the door to let Hunter in before going inside himself. "This way." He continued to guide him and opening the door for him again. Hunter look around the room in awe, both of them had entered the Acting Grandmaster's office, his eyes then landed upon a young woman doing her paperwork on her desk that's right in front of them. "Good morning, Acting Grandmaster. My name's [M/N], I've came in the behalf of the Alchemy Coven, may I asked why you've called for us?" [M/N] greeted with the same nonchalant attitude.

"Good morning to you as well, Chief Alchemist. I'm Jean, the Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius. I've called for the Alchemy Coven to asked you a favor."

"Owh? What's the favor's about?"

"Recently, our knights have discovered a strange occurrence around Mondstadt."

"And what could the predicament be?"

"The winds around some parts of Mondstadt had turn harsher, especially the ones at Stormteror's Lair as the strong wind had manage to create a barrier around it. Not only that, there's also traces of magic found on woods amd forests." Jean explained the details of their predicament.

"Do you think someone could caused all of that?" Hunter speaks up after being quiet for awhile, earning both of their attentions. "Um.. pardon me, but... who—" "He's my errand boy."

"Huh?" Hunter and Jean said in unison as both of them didn't expect such a respond from the Alchemist, especially Hunter as he nearly drop the bag of apples in his arms. But he couldn't shake the weird feeling he had when he called him his 'errand boy.'

Clearing his throat Jean continues. "I-I see, so—Chief Alchemist, could you lend us a helping hand on our predicament?" Crossing his arms, [M/N] close his eyes for a moment as he think through it first. Opening his eyes, he replied. "Yes, I could lend me a hand, but. Only if my errand boy could help me." He replied, catching Hunter off guard with that statement.

"Hmm... alright, your errand bot could also help. Thank you Mr. [M/N] for lending us a helping hand."

"No need to thanked me—I haven't even started yet. May the wind guide you, Acting Grandmaster." [M/N] stated, walking towards the door with Hunter following suit.

"You too, Mr. [M/N]."

Word Count: 1244 Words