chapter 37

"Bod- wait-" Gil yells after the greenette, chasing him through the school.

Bod keeps running until he gets to the music room. He runs in And locks the door behind him.

"Please we just need to talk-"

"Gil we can't do this- I can't do this-"

"And why not????? You deserve to be happy-"

"Gil..."

"Bod."

"Gil I'm moving next week..."

"Bod... Why?"

"It's not my choice! I- Magnus doesn't... He doesn't like how comfortable I'm getting here..."

"It's always fucking Magnus..."

"I'm sorry..."

"Why don't you just let us help you?"

"Everything gets worse when people try to help-"

"Maybe it won't this time... We have Rory. We have M. We have our friends. We have eachother... Please... Don't let this happen..."

"I... I want some time alone, gil... Please..."

Gil sighs. "You know where to find me..."

With that he leaves, leaving Bod alone in the music room.

Bod sits in the room alone for hours, just thinking. He wants to be with gil. So so so much.

But he can't go against Magnus. He would be pissed.

But...

...

He's always pissed at him anyway...

He takes a breath and stands up, making his way back to rory's room. Rory came back from his break and is in the room now.

"What's wrong, son?" Rory asks, seeing something is wrong, like always.

"... Don't call me that..."

"Sorry. What's wrong, kid?" Rory corrects.

"Where do I even fucking start?" He sighs.

"Maybe with the thing that's bothering you the most?"

"... I'm moving again soon... And I don't want to. And it's my fault because I got too comfortable and Magnus doesn't like that and-"

"Well if I'm honest, Magnus seems like an asshole."

"Magnus was- is the only person willing to deal with me..."

"That's not true in the slightest, kid..."

"Yes it fucking is- you don't know how many homes they put me in before Magnus took me in- how many families I was too much for- too troubled. Too energetic. Too much work. Magnus fixed that. And he won't ever let me forget..."

"Kid. You have so many people here who care about you."

"..." He looks away. "then... Why do I have to always go back? Why do I always have to go back to Magnus' house and keep my location on and constantly report back to him? Why do I let myself do stupid shit like dye my hair for fun and get in trouble because Magnus doesn't like how it looks? Why do I have to always go back if there isn't where people care about me?"