[1] Stars in her Eyes

Amid the Archon War, how the stars never shine as bright and every second is a battle for one's life. A nation that has come to ruins. Under the moonlit sky, in a dreamlike world, he casts his fierce glance upon you. Holding his blade close to your throat, you smiled.

You were back once again.

This time in a shabby wooden shack, and the world was aflame. Outside glow a brilliant golden color, flames dancing across vast hills and plains. You could almost hear the anguish cries of civilians in the distance. Where families are torn apart by the cruel fate of war.

You could only sigh, looking down at her grubby hands making a fist with them.

Looks like surviving would be harsh again.

You were a young girl, donning some ragged clothing and with parents that were missing. Soot covered your face and you attempted to rub it off to no avail. The air stung your eyes, but closing them would do no good in surviving.

It hasn't been a few years since her previous life, so why were you back in this hellhole? A war without an end, a land without safety. The gods must have hated you dearly, taunting you from Celestia.

She deserved this, they would say, and continued with their immortal life. While you were cursed to repeat the cycle of rebirth, witnessing how the gods had failed humanity. Was it your fault that the nation you were born from, strode forward without a god? Pushing against the test of time, against the heavenly principles.

Humanity needs no gods! You thought angrily, yet the anger subsided like a wilting rose.

Eyes dull of light from the hardships you had faced, you had once thought the gods were merciful on you. Yet this was pushing it, you chuckled dryly at this turn of fate.

You could end it all right now, right here. But that only results in being thrown back nice again, in an even worse situation.

War was something you faced before, it was something you had always faced and you'll play this game until your dying breath.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

You resided in Guili Plains, a few years later after traveling the desolate fields that were torn from the clashes of gods. Taking under the name (Y/N), a name you have grown accustomed to over the past rebirths. You set out on a journey instead of pitifully waiting for parents that you know will never return, it was better than rusting away in a rotten shack.

That's where you encountered the people who were under the guidance of Guizhong and the God of Geo. You didn't know whether it was your bad luck that managed to encounter two gods in the times of war, supposed if you kept walking that day you wouldn't have to live under them.
The two of them take you into the group of people they were leading, you wanted to lash at them. But what good would it do? Your nation was in ruins and the war will be over when it wants to be.

So you silently went with them.

Under the guidance of the two gods, you and many others found safety in a vast plain. It stretched on for miles and miles, covered in green. Tall grasses stuck out unexpectedly, trees grew as high as they wanted; covering the sky with their brilliant golden leaves. It was beautiful.

Like a dream, that you believed to never come true.

Flowers sprouted from the ground in various shades of colors. Petals were carried in the wind, scattering amongst the vast land.

'If this is a dream,' you thought, 'I wouldn't want to wake up.'

After the first couple of houses were established, and seeds were sown into the dirt. Life soon starts to settle, and you felt comfortable. The people started to think of a name for this place, a name to a place they can call home.