𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

Wooooo more chapter. Ive been focusing on this way more than I have with my other stories. Whoops. Welp. More chapter. Also, this one goes out to all my gays. I hope you catch the roommates joke.

Count Dooku watched as the Winter Jedi closed her eyes as she entered her Master's large office. He followed in after her, standing just in front of Darth Sidious.

"Master, I failed to kill Anakin Skywalker." She said, half holding her breath.

"So I've heard." Darth Sideous growled. "Both times, in fact. I heard of both of the times you've failed to kill him. This is unnatural, for you."

"The bomb malfunctioned. It wasn't able to store enough energy before the explosion." The Winter Jedi reasoned.

"Silence!" Sidious roared. "Has the programming worn off already?" He whispered the last part.

Part of Dooku was furious when he heard that. He was the one who had the idea of programming her mind. Sidious wouldn't have his assassin without him. Still, he contained his anger. He would need it if he had to win the war. Now was not the time to use it, even if anger was the way of the Sith.

"I can redo it, My Lord." Dooku offered. This was his chance.

"No!" Sidious roared. "I will do it!"

"What does that mean?" The Winter Jedi asked. It really was wearing off, wasn't it.

Darth Sidious shot his hands out, Sith Lightning bolting from his old, wrinkled fingertips. "You should've learned by now not to ask questions!"

The Winter Jedi fell to the floor, twitching in pain.

Finally, Darth Sidious stopped. "Follow me, Assassin."

The Winter Jedi got up, still panting from the pain. She nodded, and followed behind Sidious. They left, down the hallway, all the way to the red door at the end. Exactly one hour later, Sidious with his new puppet would always walk out. Every. Single. Time.

The Winter Jedi was back.

...

Anakin woke up to bright lights and no one sitting next to him. When Ahsoka was alive, she'd always be right next to him when he woke up, and Obi-Wan was too. He wasn't dead, though.

"Where am I?" He asked.

A human Jedi Healer with dark brown skin and black hair in lots of small braids walked up to him. "Anakin Skywalker, I am Jay Bengros. I was the main healer who healed you."

"Uh, great. Thanks." Anakin scratched his head. "Where's Padme? What about Rex?"

"Padme. The other person in the explosion." Jay realized. "She is currently in Coruscant Main Hospital. The cause of the explosion is still unknown."

Anakin nodded along. "How is Padme? And give me the evidence and leads for the explosion. How is Rex?"

"Padme Amidala is still in surgery. Rex woke up two hours ago, and I cannot give you any leads or evidence. You are not part of the group of Jedi investigating it." Jay sighed. "Let me take your blood pressure."

Anakin rolled his eyes as his blood pressure was taken. He looked away the entire time.

"Who is investigating the bombing?" He questioned.

"Plo Koon and Mace Windu." Jay replied.

Basically two people who will be of no help. Great. Anakin thought to himself.

"Can I go now?" He asked impatiently.

"In two days." Jay told him. "In case you're wondering, Padme Amidala will be in the hospital for an indefinite amount of time, and CT-7567 will be out in four days."

"I've been out for three days?" Anakin said, surprised.

Jay nodded. "The explosion was bad. You're very lucky that you survived."

"Did anyone not survive?" Anakin asked rudely.

"Four people have died in total, so far. Six people including yourself are injured." Jay shrugged. "Don't worry, this stuff happens all the time on Coruscant. Some gang probably didn't like whatever Senator Amidala did, and decided to kill her."

Anakin clenched his jaw in anger. Jay talked like Padme was just another Senator. That was his wife she was talking about. She was hurt.

He took a deep breath. Jay didn't know they were married. He shouldn't get so angry over this. "I would like to sleep now. Alone."

"If you say so, but Obi-Wan is waiting outside. He'd been here so much I told him he had to leave until you woke up." Jay shrugged.

"Fine. He can come in." Anakin sighed.

Jay left the room for a minute, but came back with a familiar redhead with a beard and some grey hair.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. "Can we be alone?"

Jay nodded, and left the room. Before the door was closed, Anakin saw her embrace with another woman of the same gender. They were probably roommates.

"What happened while I was gone?" Anakin asked eagerly.

Obi-Wan sat on the chair next to Anakin's bed on his right side. "Anakin, Padme isn't doing so well. She had numerous burns, and is believed to have been very close to the source of the explosion. She's in a very tough surgery right now. She's already gotten a lung transplant, but the doctors fear she may enter a coma from all her injuries."

Anakin felt like all time was frozen. That wasn't happening. His wife was fine. She was okay. Padme was at her home, playing fun board games and ranting about how annoying the other Senators could be. Obi-Wan was wrong. Everything was fine! This was all okay! Nothing bad had happened!

"You're lying." Anakin accused angrily. "That's not possible!"

"Anakin," the last time Obi-Wan used that voice was when Ahsoka died. "You need to accept the truth. Padme might not make it."

"She's survived plenty of other assassination attempts. She can survive this one." Anakin huffed angrily.

Obi-Wan placed his hand on Anakin's knee. "You need to be prepared for the worst."

Anakin looked away. "How is Rex?"

Obi-Wan went with the change of subject. "He is doing fine, however he feels he is ready for action again. A day ago the doctors moved him into a bacta tank for two hours. He is fine now, and just needs time to fully recover."

"Oh, good." Anakin smiled softly, but it was just another fake smile. How could he smile, with a real smile, when Padme was dying. If he had protected her better, maybe she'd still be alive. Maybe he'd be the one dying, not her. He'd be able to see Ahsoka in the Force again, too, if he died.

"I'll leave you to sleep." Obi-Wan decided. He stood up, and walked out of the room, closing the doors behind him, leaving Anakin with his thoughts.

...

The Winter Jedi smirked as her ship landed back onto Coruscant. This time, she would complete the mission for sure. The explosion was too, well, there wasn't enough of a possibility for it to succeed. But now, if she killed Anakin Skywalker with her own two hands, there'd be no way he would survive. And she wouldn't leave Coruscant until he was dead.

So that's this chapter. Wooooooo, I guess. 

As always, this is my own work, I don't own any of the characters and the plot is based of something from the MCU. Also I don't own the setting. Don't sue me, please. Also, if you steal this in any way, I will hunt you down and cut off your toenails...just joking...or...hehe...

Did you guys see the new Boba Fett trailer? I'm so excited. I love Boba Fett and Fennec Shand. They're both so amazing, and I can't wait to see them do cool stuff together. I just hope nothing romantic happens between them. I see them as just friends, and would be disappointed if they became romantic partners.

Well, that's enough of that. How was everyone's day? Mine was pretty good, but i absolutely hate waking up early.

Have a good day/night or time on an alien planet!