Chapter Five

The next day, I woke up quite late. I got out of bed to check on Elise. "Elise?" I just entered her room and I could hear her soft snores. Wait, she would've been up by now if it was late. Or was it really late?

I groan and go to my room to get my phone. I check the time, 6:24am. It was that early?! Are you kidding? Holy smokes.

I went back to my bed and just lay there staring at the ceiling. I couldn't seem to sleep.

I had one person on my mind. Well, other than Elise.

Jacob Hays.

He was on my mind. After we had put Elise to bed he had stayed for a few hours. We had exchanged numbers and after he left, Elise soon woke up.

We had cuddled up together to watch Cinderella together and after that, she had done nothing but talk of Jacob. I didn't mind but now he clouded my mind.

All I could think of was his blue eyes, his dark blonde hair, his famous smirk.. The fact that when he played and messed with his hair, his muscles flexed and looked so damn good.

Ugh! Now I'm thinking about how good looking he is.

My phone started buzzing.

From: Kevvy
Hey Cassie, I know its extremely early but maybe u and Elise can come over today? I'm quite bored.. Or maybe I can come and visit you both later?

Gee Kev, why u up so early? Maybe u can come over? Cos we got someone coming over too...

Who's coming over? And hang on a sec missy why are YOU up so early?

Uh, I'll explain later.. And because I can't sleep.

Getting some huh?

If I was, I wouldn't be texting u, dipshit

I knew Kevin was probably rolling his eyes now. Yeah, I knew him that well.

***

I was helping Elise get dressed into some casual wear - jeans and T-shirt.

"Go wait in the kitchen, I'll come make you your food after I get dressed okay?"

"Okay mummy!" She runs off and I head to my room to quickly get changed. "Mummy!" She calls. "Mummy the door!" I sigh and quickly go and open the door.

"Oh hey, Jacob." I let him come in and Elise comes running up to him. He kneels down and they hug.

"Hi daddy!"

"Hey monkey. I've got something for you." Her eyes light up and she claps her hands. He hands her a bag and she peers inside.

"What did you get, El?" She pulls out a piece of clothing and unfolds it. It was a hoodie that said Daddy's little princess. I swear my heart just melted.