» XXIII «

Friday. I sighed before sitting up on my bed. Can Saturday not come?

I had been overthinking ever since Youngbin told me that Heeseung's mother was going to be there. I just couldn't feel safe since I was the only one who knew about their true identities.

I hastily made my way into the bathroom to wash up before stepping out. I stopped midway near the stairs while I check my phone.

"You're blocking the way," Youngbin groaned from behind.

I unconsciously scooted to the side while still keeping my eyes on the phone.

"Kids these days," he snickered before walking down.

"Hey, when is dad leaving again?" I asked out of the blue.

"Next Wednesday," he yawned in between, "Why'd you ask?"

"Just because," I walked past him.

"When are you coming back to school?"

"Probably next week, or next month."

៚ · •

After the class gave over, I felt it was a little too early to head back home. I stopped by the small park for kids. I browsed around a bit, searching for the kids. It's probably lunch time right now?

I hesitantly sat down on one of the swings and started swinging slowly. I took out my phone to kill some time.

Heeseung must've seen me active, he sent me the eyes emoji. I rolled my eyes and left him on seen.

'Haha, seen. That's fun,' he sent another message before calling me.

I furrowed my eyebrows after panicking a little. What is he up to? I declined it and continued to chat with one of my classmates.

It took him only a minute to ring me up again. I sighed in frustration before answering it, "What is it?"

"Done with your class already?" His clear voice rang from the other line.

"Why do you care?" I sternly shoot him a question as well.

"Because it's break? Your brother told me to ask if you had lunch yet."

"He has his own phone, you know?"

"You know him, he's busy with the class."

I rolled my eyes as if he could see me, "No class captain is busy during the break. I've been in that school for years, you've been there for only a week. Don't act like you know better than me."

"Why so rude? I merely wanted to check up on you."

"I should really stop talking to you."

"Why? Because of the rumours?"

"Yesn't. Even my friends are thinking that I really like you."

"That's your fault. You shouldn't have said my name back then."

"How did you know?"

"This is high school, my love. News spread like a jet."

I sighed, "I knew something was going to happen when I saw those kids outside the restroom."

"Don't worry. You're not the only one who have to go through this."

I slightly pouted before speaking, "About tomorrow..." I trailed off, "...are you really coming with your mother?"

"Yeah, why? You got a problem?"

"A bit, I guess. I have a feeling you two are up to something evil."