Chapter 1. Hongxie

"Doumo, the world is not supposed to be full of hatred and war. If there are still greediness and lustfulness, the darkness will still remain. I knew someone, he was a hero once, a chivalrous, courageous, and propitious young man. he stood against injustice and determined to bring light to the world. He united the jianghu as a nation. Our ancestors were proud fighting side by side with him. I was still a little kid when he was crowned as the emperor. But I remembered well the smile and happy face within people. It was the best day in my life."

"Have you heard about theory of absolute? If there is an absolute light, the absolute darkness will follow, so in this world, absolute does not exist. The emperor was the light of the nation, but the taste of the power and wealth, the feeling of superiority had consumed him little by little. It turned a chivalrous man into a tyranny. However, he was saved by his little consciousness. He, who made the pact with evil should perish, with his own hands, he killed his henchmen who took the same path with him. He stepped down as emperor and gave the throne to his last son."

"The son bowed before his father, promised he would be the better king. He sealed himself together with the demon inside him in the armory. No one knew where it was, except his sworn brothers. One brother stayed in the capital city to guide the young emperor to be a good leader, and another one wandered around to help people in needs. Fate was surely cruel, Peace was not forever, someone was trying to awake the demon once again. I do not know who and why, and by the time it comes, I will no longer linger in this world. The answer is depending on you to search. Take this green jade hairpin with you, it will show you the way to the righteousness. May our ancestors bless all the path you walk and unite you to your fateful person. Doumo, farewell, I hope I can also be your father in the next life."

--------------------------------------------------------

"Have you receive any letter from Lord Bei's manor?" An old man of sixties sat behind his study desk asked a servant who was bowing before him. The servant stretched out both of his hands equally to his bowing head and replied, "No, Master. The latest letter we received was four days ago, saying he was on his way to Jiang from capital city Luhan."

"That puny rascal. He had better not going to seduce some men, having fun with them so he forgot that he owed this old man." He grumbled, shaking his head. One week ago, he had sent a carrier pigeon to Lord Bei's manor in Qing province asking to meet with Lord Bei in private. Lord Bei answered him, immediately sent carriage from Luhan. He startled in sudden, Lord Bei was an eccentric man, but he was the man after his own words. Moreover, that man had been searching the information he was holding at the moment for fifteen years. Something had to happen to him so he was delayed to meet him.

Fear overwhelmed his thought, he stood up from his stool, asking the servant, "How is furen, Gao Sun and Gao Ming?" The servant answered ina bowing manner, "They are safe in the Begonia court. As my lord suggested, they did not leave the court and this servant has put 20 martial art cultivators to guard the court and 30 watchmen of Gao's household. Is there anything this servant be able to do?"

The old man took an envelope from the drawer and gave it to his servant. "Guan, I need you to go to Long Qiao. Give this letter to Madam Tan, tell her to give this directly to Lord Bei. It is confidential, if she ever peeks inside or tell anyone about it, her neck will belong to Lord Bei. You have to promise me, keep this letter with your life. The future of this nation is in your hand." The servant nodded then pardoned himself to leave the chamber.

The old man sat again on his stool. He was restless as if something was bothering his heart. "Bei Yuan, I am afraid that I may not live to see you again. Something evil is lurking in Jiang's province for years, this old man is afraid, it is not only Jiang, but this entire nation is on danger. What happened fifteen years ago will happen once again."