16 || No Need

TW

n o t h i n g but fluff
pure fluff
it's so cheesy

•••••

March 10th, 2019, New York
at the compound

The dark-haired soldier found his girlfriend in the gym training with the older one of her best friends.

Wanda was with them, watching the two assassins fight while she sat cross-legged on a bench, her back pressed against one of the large windows that faced the woods surrounding the compound.

Bucky stood with his back to the door for a while, looking at Marie and Natasha fight in the boxing ring. He couldn't suppress the smile that settled on his lips as he watched the German's fast and carefully coordinated movements.

The warm feeling that formed in his stomach whenever he thought about or looked at her flooded every inch of his body.

He was glad she was back on track.

It had taken her a few days to recover from the poisoning, but as soon as Bruce had found and prepared the antidote she was getting better.

The soldier had to pinky-promise her they'd go back to Madripoor once Banner declared her healthy and safe again, although he begged his friend to hold off as long as possible.

It's been almost two weeks now.

He knew his girlfriend had unfinished business and now that she knew some Hydra fuckheads, as she called them, tried to poison her, she was even more eager to hunt them down and let them burn in hell - if Tyger Tiger hadn't done it already.

The crime lord was aware of the bounty that was still on M's head, but damn was she pissed when he told her someone tried to poison her assassin while she was dining out with her!

Bucky initially just called to let her know what happened and that they wouldn't be available for service for a few days, but he wouldn't have thought she'd be so out of her mind.

She went furious when she learned they had overcome her security system. Hers! That fucking house was supposed to be the safest on the whole God damn dragon skull.

Hoan knew they had been silently fighting since they'd left the Sovereign Hotel and it would've crossed her mind that maybe they'd forgot to turn the system on, but that wasn't possible. The AI system did a twenty-step check-up.

Not even Hoan herself could get on the property without any of them giving her access.

"Hey Buck, come over here!" Wanda yelled.

She ripped him from his thoughts so abruptly it took him a second to understand where he was, before he realised she invited him over to sit down next to her with a wave of her slender hand and a big smile on her face.

She laughed when Marie pushed Natasha on the ground of the boxing ring, holding the Russian down with a knee hovering above her throat.

The soldier paused in his movement for a moment as he watched her. She flashed him a short smile before she got to her feet and pulled Natasha with her.

"Bitch" the spy muttered laughingly "who the fuck trained you?"

"That dude over there" M answered, nodding over to her dark-haired boyfriend who was now sitting next to Wanda on the bench in front of the window.