You Belong With Me

Title: You Belong With Me

Pairing: Bo Burnham x fem!reader

Word count: 2.9k

Warnings: None

Tags: fluff, h/c, friends to lovers, college au I guess?

Prompt: "I don't think my heart can take watching you love someone else again."

A/N: I've never written anything with him so bear with me if this sucks lol. 🥺  Also please let me know if you find some silly grammar, English is my second language! Love yous!

3 years earlier

She walked through the classroom door with a shaky breath. Every pair of eyes were glued to her once she did, the teacher raising his eyebrows at her. She hated to be late, but it wasn't her fault – the weather was insane and public transport went crazy. Her hair was dripping wet from the rain as she just stood there, being super uncomfortable with the situation.

'Miss (Y/L/N), I presume, would you mind to sit?' The professor asked, gesturing towards the crowd of students in the auditorium, urging her to finally move after a few awkward seconds. She looked at her classmates, searching the room for an empty spot. She walked towards the back, and stopped at the edge of the long desk. There was one spot next to a guy she hasn't seen at the orientation.

'Um-, excuse me!' She said in a low voice, making him look up from his notes. His hair was dirty blonde, a little scruffy, like he just woke up. His blue eyes found hers and after what seemed like a few seconds, but was mostly like a fleeting moment, he answered, looking a bit lost himself.

'I'm sorry, please take a seat!' He said, standing up from his chair, letting her take the one next to his. She leaned back, and let out a loud sigh. Being late on the first day of Uni. Great start – she thought.

'Rough morning?' He whispered, trying not to bother the others who were paying attention to the class. She scoffed.

'A way to put it.' She said, a small smile on her face, looking at him. 'Such a cliché to be late on the first day, isn't it?' He let out a small laugh and put out his hand towards her.

'My name is Bo.' He said, looking at her.

'(Y/N).' She answered and shook his hand.

Nowadays

'Goddamnit, Bo!' She said laughing. 'This is our last Halloween party before graduating, and you don't want to dress up?'

'No!' He said, a wide smile on his face. 'I'm planning to dress up as a miserable asshole, who just happens to look a lot like me, duh!' He crossed his arms, leaning against her desk. They were in her dorm room, talking about the Halloween party on Friday.

'Oh, come on!' She mimicked his movements. 'You can't do that!'

'Ugh, okay, okay, calm down. I'll think about it, alright?' He surrendered. 'What are you dressing up as, anyway?' He asked with furrowed brows, and she felt like a blush was forming on her face. It's not like she was keeping it as a secret, but she didn't know what to tell about her date to the party. It's not like he would mind, right?

The truth was that (Y/N) was madly in love with Bo. Every time she saw him, her heart skipped a beat and butterflies formed in her stomach. He was her best friend since freshman year, but it didn't take a lot for her to fall for him. He was funny, sweet, caring and extremely handsome. Through the years she studied every inch of his face, his gestures, how he carried himself, how he acted when he was happy, when he was sad. But even like this, she was oblivious to the fact that Bo loved her too. They were both seeing others during college, mostly just brief dating as it never seemed to work out for either of them. This shouldn't have been that different, right?