Let U Go

Pairing: Bo Burnham x fem!reader

Word count: 2.6k

Warnings: None

Tags: bit of angst, bit of fluff, bit of h/c? I'm bad with genres sorry.

Prompt: I wrote this because I've been obsessed with the song called let u go by Joey Knight.  Go! Listen! It will make the fic better I think haha.

A/N: I hope this won't suck, also I'm sorry I'm a sucker for sadness and friends to lovers. I'm so nervous writing fics about Bo haha I hope you'll like it! If you enjoyed drop me a comment or vote, it means a ton to me! 🥺💖 

***

'Coffee for Robert?' She called out, eyes searching the room to see if anyone came to pick up the hot drink.

'(Y/N)?' He asked in a low voice, making his way to her. She almost dropped the coffee when her eyes met his ocean blue ones, heart dropping to her stomach.

'Bo?' She whispered, look of disbelief spreading across her face. He stood in front of her, it looked like he got even taller since the last time she saw him. What was it? Maybe five years ago? His face hardened a bit too, his eyes lost a bit of their youthful shine.

'I didn't know you work here.' He said, a shy smile spreading on his face, eyes trying to avoid hers.

'I thought you were out of town or something.' She replied, trying to cover up the raging emotions inside her. He tilted his head to the side and quickly raised his eyebrows.

'Yeah, I'm just passing by I guess.' He answered, taking the coffee and leaving the money in exchange on the counter.

'It was great to see you!' She told him, taking the money away, throwing the change in the tip jar.

'You too, (Y/N).' He said, a faint smile on his face as he turned away from her and left the coffee shop.

She quickly found her way to the back of the shop, where only the employees were allowed and threw her back to the wall, exhaling sharply. She could feel her insides tense up from the thoughts in her head. She hasn't seen him in ages, she thought these feelings were long gone. She thought she was over him, the love of her life she never got to be with. The one that got away.

It was a weirdly unsettling, gloomy day for Bo. He held tight onto his coffee cup, walking fast down the street, on his way home. His other hand in his pocket, eyes locked on his name on the cup scribbled by her. His heart clenched at the thought of seeing her again after all these years. He didn't exactly tell the truth in the coffee shop – he was not just passing by, he's been staying in the city for quite a while now in his home. Tours were on hold, no more traveling around. Not like it used to be back then.

'You're joking!' She said, excitement in her voice from the news.

'I'll be on the stage soon!' He answered, his smile bright like a thousand suns, showing the all too familiar dimples on his face. She loved when he smiled – it was the most beautiful thing she's ever seen.

'I'm so happy for you, Bo!' She threw her arms around her best friend's neck, giving him a warm hug. He lifted her a bit, nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, smelling her shampoo briefly. He felt his heartbeat in his throat, the happiness taking over his entire body. He's been working so hard for this, and it was finally happening.

'The first show of the tour will be in the city, will you come to see me?' He asked, while he lowered her to the ground, letting her go.

'I would never skip your big break through!' She said with a laugh in her voice. She was beautiful, her hair framing her face perfectly, her eyes sparkling and her lips forming a perfect smile. Bo caught himself staring at her in the afternoon light. He quickly looked away, a pale pink blush crawling up his cheeks. It would be the perfect time to kiss her – he thought briefly, before making the thought go away. He didn't want to make things awkward. She probably didn't love him anyway.