Bonus Chapter-How not to be a Dick

Dear readers,

I didn't plan to write this but at the request of many readers here is a bonus chapter of Vikram and Mishti's love story. 

Please vote if you found this story engaging enough to follow it till the end. That's all a writer on Wattpad asks for entertaining you. 

In any case, thanks for reading. 

You all are the reason Wattpad is so awesome.

Luv

Anu

P.S. Happy Diwali

This is my Diwali gift to you all ❤️

Chapter 52

Mishti

"I hate this." I cry on the phone. "My parents were never like this. I'm almost eighteen, and I've new rules! It's not fair." I punch the pillow and throw it at the other end of the bed.

"New rules?" Vikram laughs. He thinks it's funny.

"Yes, and it's all your fault," I say, sitting straight on the bed with another pillow on my lap.

"My fault?" He shouts. "What the fuck did I do?"

"My mother wants to lock my balcony and keep the key with herself because climbing my balcony is your favorite sport. I've never had a curfew, but she wants me home by nine p.m. now. She even suggested taking away my phone at bedtime. And all that is okay, but the worst part is my mother finally had the talk with me that I thought I was lucky enough to escape."

"The talk?"

"Yes, the talk."

"The bird and the bees?" He can't stop laughing.

"No," I hesitate. "Not exactly that. For that, she had given a book named 'It's so Amazing' in my hands when I was ten. It was an interesting book, I must say. I read the whole book in two hours. I still have it somewhere on the shelf. In case you want to broaden your knowledge on the subject."

"Are you kidding me? I know everything."

"I'm not going to ask from where." I climb out of my bed to walk over to Kipper. He jumps and catches my pajama bottoms between his teeth and pulls me to the floor. I give in and sit crosslegged with him on my lap. "Anyway, it started with her concern that I'll lose my focus and not give my best shot to my dream of going to NYU, now that I have a boyfriend. But then she started coming up with wild scenarios that I won't be able to go even if I got into the University."

"What wild scenarios?" Vikram asks.

"Oh like, what if I got pregnant? I mean, Mom, please!"

"Wow!" Vikram snorts.

"It's almost like she's expecting us to have sex even before we're thinking about it." I cry. "It was so embarrassing. I agreed to whatever she said and pushed her out of my room."