deez

A few things, before you read:

This entire one-shot was entirely based on a Twitter post here:

If you want to click into the images you can always search “Venti raises Kaeya Twitter” on Google

If the idea was written before, please link it to me I'd rather read those than cringe at my works

Also, if you haven't read the description, there's minor Luckae at the end. (In this AU Venti takes in Kaeya so they never become sworn brothers; it's also my first time writing about these two so be gentle) If you're uncomfortable with that, just avoid the bonus part.

Thanks~

讓這個故事隨風飄散

───────────────

The clouds seemed to have cast its terrifying thunder onto Mondstadt tonight. The thunderstorm was as a molten silver sky, quenching the earth she cocooned in black. Its ferocious cry could be heard throughout Teyvat, and it refused to be ignored with each earthshaking clap.

Perhaps the Raiden Shogun’s tantrums have stretched further than Venti had thought. Not that he could do anything, of course; he was the weakest among the seven gods. Confronting such a dangerous deity such as the Shogun would lead to his untimely death.

Still, his heart ached whenever the birds were struck down. 

Venti stretched out his hands as a bird crashed its way into his palms. The bird twitched and let out a pained coo. 

Oh, poor thing. His heart ached some more.

“You are safe.” Venti whispered, bringing the bird close to his lips. “Well, unlike a few; but no matter, let me seek shelter for you.”

Venti swiftly spun his heels to the closest source of light he could find- a seemingly well-established place. 

The large cottage was painted in red and beige. It seems good enough with the hustling maids stationed outside the storm under umbrellas. Maybe he would get some alcohol service, if his instincts didn’t fool him. He was itching for a Dandelion Wine anyway.

If he taught Mondstadt’s rulers well, his people should have the decency to aid the bird perched on the window rail after the storm passes. He would visit again, just to be sure.

The little bird twitched in its unconscious slumber. Venti stroked its singed feathers, and turned to leave. He still had a song to play, thunderstorm or not.

“D-daddy?”

Venti paused in his tracks. His eyes followed the movement of a shadow in the storm.