01

So today it was to begin. A new life, and alone. Really alone and no, 'I'm on my own, but if something should be, it won't take ten minutes, I can ask mom or some friend.... or whoever'. Nothing like that.

New country and moreover, a completely different continent. From Europe, Belgium, to the United States of America to New Orleans. There was nothing with family, friends or other people that Tony knew here in the city, that she could ask if something should be. Nothing like that.

The only person Tony knew, sort of, though didn't count, was, her boss. For about two or more years now, she had been working for Church, which had been the reason for her move. Basically, it wouldn't have mattered where she lived, however, she was tired of the constant back and forth, especially if it was just for a few days.

Tony had never been a big fan of people, especially when it came to neighbors, so she had looked for something where she didn't have that one.

A long path led up the small hill to the little house, with woods behind it. It did not belong to it, but it could be used by her. From here one possessed a perfect view over the city, which lay at the feet of her new home.

Humming, Tony drove along the path, letting her eyes wander, and turned off the engine after she reached the top. It wouldn't be for forever anyway, so, it went okay when the seller said she needed to put a little work into it.

The previous owners had moved out a year and a half ago because it was starting to get too small with three kids. Tony wouldn't necessarily call the house small, but everything was in the eye of the beholder. It was enough for them alone, there was nothing to say.

At the railing that was supposed to prevent them from falling fifteen meters, Tony leaned forward, took a deep breath, and began to nod.

So that was it.