PROLOGUE

DISCLAIMER: The author's imagination was used to create the names, places, characters, situations, and incidents in this story. The similarity of happenings, names, and scenes is purely coincidental. It is also unaffiliated with the universities and businesses mentioned.

ㅤ                                                                     --------------

"Ma'am pinapatawag po daw kayo ni sir sa office, kausapin ka po daw nya."

When I heard my secretary, I put down the papers I was holding and looked at her. Bakit kaya ako pinapatawag? Tuwing tinatawag ako ng biglaan ng ganito ibig sabihin may urgent nangyari.

"Bakit daw ako pinapatawag?" Curiously asking her as I lean back on my swiveled chair.

"Hindi ko po alam ma'am, basta sabi lang po saakin na pumunta ka kasi may client daw po" she said smiling nervously, ako yung kinakabahan sa reaction nya eh! ano ba yan.

I just smiled at her and nodded, indicating to her that I had received the message and that she may go back to her work. I sighed before standing, confused as to why I'd been called unexpectedly for an unknown reason.

I went out of my office and headed to the elevator, sana naman hindi bad news toh. When the elevator opened I went inside and pressed the top floor leading to his office.

When I reached the floor, I exited the elevator and proceeded to the office, while adjusting the hems of my skirt and polo to ensure that I looked presentable before entering. Nakasuot lang ako ng white longsleeve polo na naka tuck in sa black pencil cut ko na skirt na may konting slit at naka ponytail ang buhok.

I inhaled and exhaled first before knocking on the door, telling myself it'll all be alright.

When I knocked, I heard him say, Come in and enter "Sir pinapatawag nyo po daw ako?" I said as I slowly went inside his office, I prefer to call him sir when we're at work, kahit Ninong ko siya. The reason why I don't call him Ninong at work is because I want to keep it professional. I want to prove to my colleagues that I got into this firm through my own hard work.

I walked towards his desk and noticed a man sitting in front of him with his back facing me. He had broad shoulders and mukahng decent ang itsura nito base sa pagka ayos ng suot nya. He seems familiar? o baka lutang lang ako ngayon. Ano ba meron? May mag rereklamo ba na client?? Wag naman sana.

"Ah yes I did, I would like you to meet our new client Nicholas," he said smiling at me a little as he stood up from his seat, wait Nicholas? No, it can't be...

When the man seated in front of him stood up and faced me my body froze upon knowing who it was.

"Hello, Engr. Hernandez" he said formally not even smiling.

It really is him, the man I loved for years, the man who made me the happiest and loved but also gave me the most significant pain...