INFORMATION

WHAT IS THE S.P.A.T. CONTEST?

The last contest we did was named The Gen 3 Contest, to commemorate the general 3 channel in the Literary Lounge Discord server, but we wanted a different name for this contest. Since you have to write a dialogue story this time, we named it The Several People Are Typing Contest as a nod toward Discord.

WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THIS CONTEST?

The goal is to write a dialogue story between 5k and 12k words, and you have to base it on one of the prompts we give you. You get a month and a half to do this. The prompts will be released on the first day of the contest.

WHAT IS A DIALOGUE STORY?

A dialogue story is a story that consists mainly of dialogue between 2 or more people, without any description or narration. Think of a phone call or a text conversation. Dialogue tags (he said, she said) are not included. Authors will typically use different formats instead. For instance, one character is bold, the other italic. You can also show who's talking by writing their name, like this: Susan: Hey what's up?

If you'd like to see some examples, just look for dialogue stories on Wattpad.

WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?

The contest will run from December 1st until January 29th at 10PM GMT/UTC; 5PM EST; 2PM PST; 6AM AWST. Your story needs to be completed and submitted before then, which you can do by DMing the file/link of your story to the organizer of the contest (Glyn) on Discord. Do not send your story in any public space and do not publish it yet!

The judging ends on February 12th, again at 10PM GMT/UTC.

At that point, you are allowed to publish your story. In fact, you have to publish your story on Wattpad. This is a requirement because the LL Wattpad account will be making a reading list of all the entries, and we can't give a prize to a story that hasn't been published. You have to publish your story between February 12th and February 15th. This story will be updated and an announcement will be made in the server to let you know when it's time.

The organizers will compile all the data and prepare the results, which will be released on February 15th, also at 10PM GMT/UTC.

WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED?

You're not allowed to talk about your story until the judges have completed judging. If you were there during the last contest we did, you'll remember we do everything anonymously. We do this because we are all part of a public community where judges and contestants can interact with one another. By keeping it anonymous, we make sure the judging process is unbiased to avoid partiality and tension. After the judges are done, you can talk about it as much as you like.