Girls' Night Out

Wanda's POV:

''Come on, Wanda! We're going!'' Nat called from outside my room. I quickly slip on my jacket, before leaving the room.

I see Nat and Pepper standing there, as they look at me ''Finally. What took you so long?''

''I was getting ready.'' I reply. They nod, as we head to the elevator.

Yesterday Nat and Pepper offered me to a girls' night out. I saw no problem with it, so I said yes. But right now I'm really not in the mood for going somewhere.

Pepper is wearing a black knee dress, with some high heels, as her hair is hanging behind her shoulders. Nat's outfit is simple black jeans, with a plain white T-Shirt. I'm wearing a pair of knee-high black socks with my usual high heel boots. As well as a black skirt, with a long sleeve shirt and a leather jacket. I'm letting my auburn hair freely rest on my shoulders.

As we make our way to South Manhattan in Nat's car, I'm looking out the window. This city is actually beautiful. Yeah, it's dangerous, but beautiful nonetheless.

We make our way to a bar. It's not a big one but in a corner of the neighborhood. We make our way inside, taking a seat in the corner, away from everyone. We order our drinks, starting to chat.

When we get our drinks, somehow the conversation turned to our love life. Pepper keeps dream talking about how handsome and smart Tony is. I looked at Nat, realizing Pepper is probably in another dimension right now, as she doesn't stop rambling about Tony. Nat gives me a smirk, before looking at Pepper. I shake my head, knowing what she's about to do.

''Hey, Pep.'' Nat says, finally making Pepper shut up ''Let Wanda tell us how things are with Vision.'' They both look at me, as I shoot a glare towards Nat.

''There is nothing with Vision. We are just friends.'' I reply. I know he likes me, he has a way of showing it. But I don't return the feelings. I haven't told him yet, which makes me feel like I'm leading him on.

''He sure seems to want more.'' Nat says. I sigh, replying with a simple ''I know''. A few seconds pass, until realization dawns across Pepper's face.

Then a seemingly drunk man approaches us, making us shut up. He reeks of alcohol, as a smile is covering his face.

''Hey, ladies. You all look sexy. Surely, one of you don't mind coming with me.'' he slurs his words, showing a yellow-teethed smile. We scrunch our noses in disgust, as Nat speaks up.

''None of us are interested, now please leave us alone.'' Nat says. The guy rolls his eyes and leaves, letting us breathe.

''Bars were never my thing. Partially because of men like him.'' Pepper says. Nat agrees, but I can't really say anything. I'm only 22, so I haven't been to many bars.

We talk for a little bit longer, finishing our drinks. After we pay for them, we leave and start to take a stroll around the city. It's dark outside, so the city lights make it very beautiful.

We talk about anything that comes to mind, as we're walking towards the Manhattan Bridge, soon reaching the edge of the water. We sit there and chat for a bit until I see Pepper shiver.

''We should probably head home, it's already late.'' I say. The other girls agree as we start to make our way back to Nat's car. About halfway there, a guy bumps into us. I'm about to excuse myself, but he pulls a gun on us.

''Money, wallets, jewelry. Give me what you have.'' he says. Nat and I share a look.

''You don't recognize us, do you?'' I ask. He looks confused.

''Should I?'' he asks, making me sigh. That makes a things little more problematic. Sure, I still can use my powers, even if he doesn't recognize me as Scarlet Witch, but I'm not really a fan of unwanted attention.

''I'm not joking around!'' he says, clicking off the safety of his revolver. Nat and I share another look, trying to think of what to do. But before we can decide, a voice sounds across the street.

''Hey, man. Didn't your folks teach you to respect a lady?'' the voice says. We look around, trying to find the man. Well, at least it sounds like a man. And the thief seems to be doing the same.

''Behind you.'' the voice says. The thief turns around, to be met with a visibly taller man. I look at the man's face, to see a very beautiful pair of E/C eyes. He has mid-length smooth H/C hair, messily combed back. To be completely honest, he looks really handsome.

The thief tries to point the gun at him, but the man grips his wrist, raising the thief's arm and punching his side. He also twists his wrist, making him drop the gun. As the man releases him, he stumbles back, gripping his side. He then runs at the man, only to get swept off his feet. The man crouches down, gripping the back of the thief's head.

''Shoulda listened.'' he then knees his face, knocking him out. He then stands up, turning to us.

''You ladies alright?'' he asks, as his hair has fallen in front of his face. He runs his hand through it, combing it back. I feel my knees go weak as he does that.

''Yeah, we're okay. Thank you.'' Pepper says. He flashes us a welcome smile, before turning around to leave.

''What's your name?'' I ask. He turns around, looking at me.

''I like to keep my private life private.'' he replies. I nod, understandably.

''But if you really want to know.'' he says, attracting my attention ''Come to The Den, tomorrow at 11 PM.''

''What's The Den? Where is it?'' I ask.

''52th Madison Avenue. It's an abandoned warehouse.'' he replies. He then turns around, walking into an alley. We walk to the alley to see where he's going, but he's already gone.