I'm Staying

It's been a week since I came to the Avenger's tower for help with my injuries. They've finally somewhat healed and I'm being released from the Med Bay.

I slip on a clean shirt that Tony kindly provided. During this week I've stayed here, we've come to a first name basis.

I pack my stuff into my duffel bag, zipping it closed and pulling it over my shoulder. I leave the Med Bay and head to the elevator.

''Where to, Mr. L/N?'' Friday's Irish accented voice asks.

''Take me to the others, please.'' I reply. I've been thinking over their proposal to help me get a job and I've decided to accept it.

When the doors open, I see the Avengers scattered around what seems to be the living room. As I step out, their heads snap towards me.

''Y/N! How are you feeling?'' Steve asks.

''I'm feeling well, thanks.'' I smile lightly.

''Hey, Y/N! You want to play some Call of Duty?'' Peter asks, excitedly. I've heard the name of the game and I've seen multiple ads, but I don't actually know what the game is about.

''What exactly is it about? I've never played it.'' I say. He looks at me, surprised.

''You've never played Call of Duty? Man, you're missing out!'' he says ''Come here, let me show you how to play.''

He didn't know why I haven't played the game, which hopefully means that the others haven't mentioned anything about my living situation.

''Sure. Can you wait a few minutes, though?'' I ask. He nods and turns his attention back to one of the TV's. I drop my bag and walk over to Tony, sitting across from him at the kitchen counter.

''I've thought about your offer to let me stay here.'' I say. He looks up at me, interested.

''I'm listening.'' he says.

''I'm really glad you're willing to help me and I'm not going to deny the help. That is if the offer is still on the table.''

''Of course, man.'' he smiles ''I'm glad you decided to stay.''

''Y/N's staying?'' Wanda asks, having overheard our conversation. Everyone looks at us after hearing that.

''Yeah, I guess you're stuck with me for some time, now.'' I say with a small grin. She smiles, walking over to us.

''Wanda, can you show Y/N to his room?'' Tony asks. My head immediately snaps towards him.

''My what?'' I ask.

''Your room.''

''I'm gonna have my own room?'' I ask with a smile.

''Yeah, of course. You will have one of the guest bedrooms.'' he replies. I look down at my hands, before looking back up at him.

''Thank you, Tony. I really appreciate this.'' I say. He smiles and stands up, patting my back.

''Don't stress it, kid.'' he says before walking off. I then stand up as well and grab my bag, as I turn to face Wanda.

''Come. I'll show you to your room.'' she says. I nod and follow her, as we leave the living room.

We walk through the Penthouse, soon reaching the guest bedrooms. She opens one of the doors, letting me step inside.

I look around the room, not being able to stop myself from shedding a few happy tears. I'm not the wet-eyes type of guy, but this is something I haven't had in 20 years.

''Wow, I haven't had a room for 20 years now.'' I look at her ''Thank you.''

''Of course.'' she smiles. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling me in a hug. She returns it and I can see her smile, lightly.

''You need to take a shower.'' she says with a playful nose scrunch, after pulling away. And wow, she looks so fucking adorable when doing that nose scrunch.

''Yeah, sorry about that.'' I chuckle. She smiles and leaves the room, closing the door behind her. I drop my bag next to my bed and explore the room.

It has a desk by the window, a few feet away from the bed. On the other side of the room, there is a walk-in closet and a private bathroom.

I enter the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me. I look around, noticing multiple white towels hanging from the towel heater.

I strip out of my clothes and grab one of the towels, setting it down next to the shower. I step in the shower and slide the glass doors closed.

I turn on the water, slightly adjusting the temperature. And when I finally step under the warm, running water, I enter a completely different dimension.

The only showers I've had during these 20 years were the dirty showers in the Den, but those only have cold and dirty water.

Sometimes a few kind people would let me shower in their home, but people like that are very rare in New York, to say the least.

I close my eyes and lean back my head, letting the water run through my hair. I enjoy and savour every second of the warm liquid running down my body.

When I rub the water out of my eyes and open them, I see a brand new bottle of shampoo. I pick it up and open the top, smelling it. It smells like mint.

I drop a light amount of the shampoo in my hand, closing and setting down the bottle. I bring my hands to my hair, starting to rub in the greed shampoo.

----

After I'm done washing myself and enjoying the warm water, I finally turn it off and slide open the foggy glass doors.

I step out of the shower and grab the clean tower, bringing it to my head and drying my hair. It's still moist, as I start to dry my body.

When I'm finished, I wrap the towel around my hips and clean the foggy mirror. I run my hand through my hair multiple times, combing it back so it looks decent.

Beneath the sink, there are 2 drawers. I look through them, finding some facial care products and stuff like that. Though what catches my eye is the fresh shaving set.

I look up to the mirror and lean in closer, examining my stubble. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and shave it. I grab the shaving kit and close the drawer, examining it.

I have no idea how to shave, so I guess I'm going to have to improvise. Though when I grab the shaving cream, I see there are instructions on the back. That helps.

I follow every step shown and successfully manage to shave off my stubble. I think so, at least. I then wash off my face and grab the aftershave.

I drip some into my hand and rub my hands together, before bringing them to my face and rubbing the aftershave across my freshly shaved lower face.

Man, it feels incredible to be clean again.