Phase 1 False Peace

In the inky blackness of space, a ZAFT drop pod was descending down to Earth. Its metal surfacing was glowing red from the heat of atmospheric entry.

Operator: First layer traversed. Decelerate to Mach four. Trajectory good. Twenty-eight seconds until termination of cooling stage. Commence aerodynamic control.

Alpha One: Alpha One here. Confirming weapons are loaded and ready to fire.

Others: Bravo Two./Charlie Three./Delta Four.

Alpha One: Second Layer traversed.

Bravo Two: We're gonna deal a severe blow to those still clinging to the planet's surface.

Alpha One: Past layer of turbulence. Decelerating to Mach 0.9. Cooling stage ceased. Attitude good. May fortune smile upon us.

Bravo Two: Activating programmed descent coordinates. Alright! Here we go!

Alpha One: For ZAFT.

Charlie Three: For ZAFT.

Delta Four: For ZAFT.

Once the pod reached the skies of Earth, it split open, revealing four ZAFT mobile suits, designated ZGMF-1017 GINN.

Year 70 of the Cosmic Era. Tensions were mounting between Earth and the PLANTs. Due to the Bloody Valentine Tragedy, these tensions suddenly escalated into full-scale war. It seemed a forgone conclusion  that the Earth Forces, with their superior numbers, would be victorious. But, these early predictions proved to be wrong. Almost eleven months have passed since the conflict began with no end in sight...

Opening

Orb Colony, Heliopolis

Male Newscaster: The refugee camp in South Africa has been suffering a chronic lack of food and relief supplies endangering the lives of 1.2 million people.

Female newscaster: We now bring you images from the Kaohsiung front where heavy fighting is taking place.

At the recreational area of Orb's Technical college, a red-haired boy of 17 was typing away in his laptop while listening to the news.

FNC: According to information just received, the ZAFT forces have approached within six kilometers of Kaohsiung...

Tolle: Itsuki! So, this is where you were hangin' out! Professor Kato's been trying to get a hold of you.