‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

Megumi is a practical person.

He likes to wake up around eight in the morning when the sun isn't too bright to blind his still lingering with sleep eyes but not fully dull either, at least the minimum of sunlight to help him reach a fully awaken state. He likes coffee with one cube of sugar and three spoons of milk, not too bitter but not entirely sweet either. He likes to avoid the rooms on the second and third floor because those are the places most frequented by Gojo Satoru, and he likes to keep his sanity in check. Meeting with him and later on having a conversation would mean that Megumi is mostly prone to get a headache, which is definitely and logically something he avoids on a daily basis.

Which brings in view the most practical side of his character that is keeping away from people. Keeping away from everything that means forming a deeper bond with each other; it's tiring in the first place. Socializing isn't one of his best assets, and some would say that he completely lacks that talent, but in hindsight it's not important when he knows that involving in other people lives isn't all about just socializing. He can be polite, doesn't turn his back on anyone who comes to him first, asking for something or starting a mild conversation, but Megumi doesn't like indulging too much into friendships.

It could weaken the power of concentration, and Megumi hates distractions. Getting to know someone so well that he'd call a friend could be problematic if they're on a mission together; then, the attention span would be split in two rather than the one and most needed that should be centered on himself. Friendships are hard and tiring and consuming, and Megumi likes to avert his interests from making any type of relations, instead digging himself into training, trying to better himself with every fight and mission.

What makes this all much easier is the fact that around him are only reckless and impulsive people. People like Gojo Satoru who has a god complex as big as his ego and whose actions are more questionable every other time, or Kugisaki Nobara who doesn't know how to let off the steam of her nerves and impulses. Most of all however, Megumi knows that the one and only who ate a cursed body part on the spur of the moment wouldn't certainly be able to slither his way into his life. Itadori Yuuji is reckless, he thinks more with his actions than with his brain; his instincts might be good and well based, but his urges can be dangerous at best. Megumi doesn't fully understand how someone like him can hold that much power and control to sustain Sukuna, but that's one of the many things he can't comprehend from the other.

Itadori is the type of person in their field of work that needs constant surveillance, someone to make sure he doesn't snap or walk directly into a trap. He believes that Itadori needs someone to be there and look out for him, making sure he doesn't die, and he will not be the sort of person to succumb to it.

He takes the corner of the hall to open the doors to the kitchen as he slips inside, hands fisted back into his pockets. He walks directly towards the counter blinking rapidly to ease the sleepiness out of his eyes, and he's about to take a mug and start on his coffee when he feels something bumping into the back of his arm. It's warm and it stings a bit the first time it touches him. Megumi turns around with a frown over his eyebrows and the first thing he sees is a mug filled with coffee, stream rising high towards his face, clearly freshly made. He follows the line of the arm that holds the mug and his eyes fall on Itadori's warm and hazel ones, creasing at the corners for how stretched his smile is.

He still can't look down at the scars under his eyes, still too earie and ominous to acknowledge. He raises his eyes until they're firmly locked on his own and parts his lips from the involuntary grimace they were in. "What is this?"

Itadori scoffs and looks down at the mug in his hand, thrusting it into his side more but avoiding directly touching him. "I thought you knew how coffee looks like. You're drinking it every morning."