Dystopia (G!P)

Normani is sitting on her living room couch, waiting impatiently for her wife to return home.

It's almost midnight now, and it's raining lightly. Normani can hear the pitter patter against the window pane, as well as the sound of cars driving down the wet streets of downtown Houston.

The young mother has already put her baby to bed and cleaned the kitchen, the living room, and the bathroom. She's done the laundry, and reorganized the family photos. She's cooked dinner, leaving a left over plate in the oven for Megan, who for some reason, still hasn't come home.

The young mother starts to get worried. Her wife was supposed to be home over two hours ago, and she isn't returning her calls. Once again, it's raining, but not too hard. Megan couldn't have gotten caught up by the weather, could she?

Almost like Megan can hear Normani's thoughts growing increasingly more worried, the younger woman's heart flutters, and she immediately stands from the couch when she hears the sound of a key struggling to unlock the front door. The key jingles around in the lock for a moment before it finally opens, but not without a great deal of difficulty. They need a new knob desperately. It's been broken for a while now, but replacing it hasn't been at the top of their list of priorities. There's just always so much to do.

As Normani walks towards the front door, she can hear the sound of Megan shuffling about, removing her work shoes, and her jacket, and putting them in the closet.

Normani is all but ready to scold Megan and ask her where the hell she's been, and why the hell her phone hasn't been on, but that thought leaves her mind when she actually sees her.

The older woman looks broken as she leans her head back against the wall. Her eyes are bloodshot, like she's been crying, and her body language tells Normani that her wife is not doing well, that something has happened.

"Normani?" Megan is clearly surprised to see her wife still awake, and in the entryway of their small apartment, no less. The younger woman is wearing a simple, white tank top and a pair of black sweat pants, clearly dressed for sleep. Her chestnut braids are tied into a ponytail, and Megan doesn't think she can look more beautiful. "It's late baby, what are you doing out of bed?"

Normani scoffs lightly under her breath.

"Me?" She questions, pressing a finger to her chest for emphasis. "You stumble in here at midnight- on a Tuesday night- when you were supposed to be here two hours ago." Normani lowers her voice, careful not to wake the baby sleeping soundly just a few feet away. "I called you over and over. You had me worried sick."

Normani approaches the older woman, who still seems tense, and honestly, pretty damn sad. She has no idea why Megan's concerned with her not being in bed, given the state she's currently in.

"Hey," Normani says, cupping her wife's cheek. Looking up into her eyes, "What's going on, honey? Tell me."

Megan only stares into Normani's eyes for a moment, trying her hardest to suppress the emotion coming out of her. But she cracks. Her face falls into her wife's shoulder, and her body rattles as she sobs into Normani's neck.

Normani is taken aback, her eyes widening as Megan cries into her, holding her tightly. Normani holds her as well, trying and failing to soothe the taller woman with gentle strokes up and down her back.

"Let's sit down okay? Let's go to the living room," Normani suggests when she forces them to part. She's doesn't know how long she can stand up holding onto Megan like this. The older woman is significantly taller than her, so she's beginning to feel crushed by the weight of her in their upright position.