Pancakes

Waking up before Mikey, you wiggle out of his arms and make your way over to his bathroom. Heck, at this point, it's your shared bathroom, given the amount of time you spend in Mikey's loft now. Sleeping here every night with him, you usually get ready here in the mornings before going to work. You only get changed in your apartment when you forgot to bring a change of clothes. At this point you have some clothes here, like your pajamas, though sometimes you just wear one of Mikey's shirts to bed.

When you do spend time with Mikey in your apartment, it's usually just having take out for dinner and chilling for a bit before he goes back to the loft to get ready for the night and you get ready in your apartment before heading up stairs to meet him and go to sleep.

But now looking at yourself in the bathroom mirror, your face still puffy from all the crying you did after the situation with Sanzu. Splashing cold water on your face, you start your morning routine.

By the time you get out of the bathroom, Mikey is still sleeping on the bed. Slowly getting back onto the bed, you gently lay down next to him, wrapping an arm around his waist. Feeling the movement of the bed, Mikey slowly turns in your arms to face you, giving you a big smile.

"Morning," he mumbles, his eyes still only half open.

"Good morning, sleepy head," you say, leaning in to give him a peck on the forehead. "I'm going down to my apartment to get dressed. Want to go out for breakfast?"

Mikey slowly nods, closing his eyes again.

"Hey! Don't go back to sleep," you say, playfully poking his puffy cheeks.

Mikey moves his head to place a kiss on your finger before opening his eyes. With his lips still on the tip of you finger, he sucks gently on your finger, making your face go instantly red as he doesn't break eye contact with you.

Quickly pulling your hand back, you stumble out of the bed while Mikey laughs at your reaction. He sits up and swings his legs off of the side of the bed, now sitting on the edge. He reaches out and grabs your wrist, pulling you close and to stand between his legs.

"How are you feeling?" he asks, his morning voice making his voice deeper.

"I'm okay...," you say after a few seconds, looking at his soft face below you. "On one hand I wish you got there just a minute earlier, when in reality I should just be upset that Sanzu tried to hurt me.... I just... can't even... I don't even want to think about that he was going to do, you know?"

Mikey looks up at you for a few minutes, his eyes saddened seeing your downcast eyes.

"I'm going to talk with him...."

You merely nod, not meeting his eyes. Stepping out from his arms, you start to head to the elevator.

"Go, get ready, Mikey," you say, not turning around but just sticking your hand up to wave behind you as you head back to your apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The waiter brings you your orders. Both you and Mikey ordered a set of fluffy Japanese style pancakes. As you sip your coffee, you notice a frown grace Mikey's face for a short moment.

"Something wrong?" you ask as Mikey picks up his fork and knife to start eating the pancakes.

"Yeah, I was just remembering something...."

You hum, trying to encourage him to continue his train of thought.

"When I was younger, one of my best friends always would make sure that there's a little flag on my food...."

You bite your bottom lip to keep from letting out a giggle.

"A flag? Like something they do for kids meals?"

Mikey nods, starting to eat his pancakes, a small pout on his face as he reminisces.

"Are you still in touch with your friend," you ask after some time.

"No," Mikey says after a moment. "I... see him once a year... for New Years... for a moment."

"Why don't you see him more?"

"I... don't want him to be involved in my stuff, they're better off...."

"Mikey," you say gently, taking his hand in yours across the table. "I'm sure that they would love to see you regardless. And I can tell that you miss them...."

Mikey looks into your eyes. You notice them looking back at you, wet with tears waiting to spill out.

"Thank you, Y/N," Mikey says slowly, wiping his eyes with the back of his other hand. "Maybe... when I'm ready to see him, you can come with me? I think he would really like you."

"I would love that," you answer, giving Mikey a warm smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikey dropped you off at Mitsuya's studio before he headed off to work. So now you were working on your laptop while Mitsuya was coming up with some designs. Later on, the owner of the fabric shop brought the two of you tea and sandwiches, so the both of you are taking a break from your work.

"You know," you start to say as you and Mitsuya are talking. "I feel like while I've gotten close to Mikey, I feel like I'm not seeing the whole picture. There's something... missing. He tells me how he doesn't see his old friends, and I just don't get it? Like even all these times he drops me off and picks me up when I hang out with you...."

"Y/N," Mitsuya says slowly. "I think... Mikey's just trying to... protect us."

"But I can tell it makes him sad...."

Mitsuya doesn't say anything. He just watches you, trying to read your face.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" He says suddenly.

"Uh, no, I'm off," you say, not sure what this is leading too.

"I want you to see something tomorrow. There's some people I think you should meet. They live more in the suburbs so it will be a small trip. But I think it might help you figure things out."

You nod slowly.

"Meet me here in the morning, alright?" Mitsuya says.

"Alright," you say, finishing your tea.