Mum's Friend, Dad's Enemy

Harry walked into potions, followed by Ron. "Ron, what class do we have next?" Harry questioned his best mate. "Potions." Ron stated. Harry nodded.

Arriving at the class, they sat seperate. Instead Hermione sat next to Harry. "Hello, Harry." She smiled. "Hullo." He returned the smile.

All of a sudden, they heard the door slam into the wall. Every student jumped and looked at a man in dark clothing walked in at a fast pace. "There will be no wand waving, not silly incantations in this classroom." And with that he stood in front of the classroom.

He started talking and Harry began taking notes. Hermione had to nudge him, because Snape was talking to him. "Arrogant just like your father." Growled Severus. "Arrogant? My father isn't arrogant, he is the bravest man I know." Harry glared. "Fifty points from Gryffindor." Snape looked at Harry.

After class, Harry wrote to his parents about Snape.

'Dear Mum and Dad,
I have a horrible proffesor. His name is Snape. He is very rude to me and dad. He said that I was arrogant like him. But, me and dad, we're nothing like that. We are both brave, loyal, and kind-hearted.

I guess Father knew Snape, but did you Mum?

Your son,
Harry Potter."

He gave Hedwig the letter and watched as the owl flew off. Harry decided he didn't want feast and brushed his teeth, showered, changed to pajamas, and fell asleep.

In the morning, Ron woke him up. "Harry! Wake up! We have school." Ron yelled. Harry bolted up and rushed to put his clothes on. He brushed his hair, teeth, and tied his tie, tucking it in his gray sweater.

Ron and Harry rushed to the Great Hall and quickly stuffed food in their mouth and ran to Flying Lesson.

"Okay, when I blow the whistle, you will all say, 'up'. Three, two, one," Madame Hooch blew the whistle. "Up." Stated Harry, the broom immediately flew in his hands.

Shock filled Harry's features. He looked at Ron who said up, but got a smack to his face. "Ow..." He groaned. Harry chuckled earning a glare from Ron. "Shut it, Harry." He growled.

"Now, you will hover three feet above the ground and come down. Understand? Three, tw- Longbottom!" Hooch yelled as Neville flew into building, breaking his wrist.

"How stupid! Maybe next time he'll remember to land on his fat arse." Malfoy chuckled, grabbing a ball. Neville's Rembrall.

"Give it here, Malfoy." Harry gritted his teeth. "Make me." And with that, Malfoy was in the air, flying away, throwing the Rembrall, which Harry caught. McGonigall saw him and retreated towards the field to receive him.

"Potter, come with me." Harry gulped and nodded, following the proffesor. "Quirrel. I need Wood." McGonigall walked in the DADA classroom. "Yes, o-of course." He pointed to Wood then the door. Wood walked out, looking frightened.

"I found our new Seeker."