Prologue

As a child, Lavender Flores never even considered the possibility of one day becoming famous. She was a major introvert, with no specific talents whatsoever, and definitely did not grow up in a city where that was at all possible. Instead, her dream was to become a schoolteacher like her grandmother, who told her stories of her life before she was retired, and Lavender listened with open ears. Lavender even took up a habit of acting as teacher for her younger brother, until eventually he was even a year above grade level and her mother asked her to please stop.

Meanwhile, as soon as he was born, fame was something Lance Skylar strived for. For as long as he remembered, he was shipped off to audition after audition by his parents and taught to deal with the rejection they might bring. That part of it wasn't very necessary though, because after his first few auditions he was no longer being rejected. After landing the lead role in the television musical "Chorus" at age 8, Lance raced through his childhood and teen years on various television sets without so much as an ounce of rejection. But he never liked acting.

Lavender became a 3rd grade teacher at Edison elementary school after moving to California after graduating. She spent 4 years of college and another 2 years in graduate school accumulating debt.

Around the same time, Lance Skylar quit acting and became a pop singer. Within one year of his first studio album launch, he became the world's biggest superstar and teen heart throb. Which was strange, considering he was no longer a teen himself.

Considering the two's completely different occupations and lifestyles, it makes no sense that they should meet. But that's exactly what happened, and here's how.