VIII. Emotions are Explosive

The Songwriter’s Funeral Song
Emotions are Explosive

“You’re crazy, Yoshi.” I don’t know what plan he had, but killing massive people together seemed impossible for a solo killer like him. Until, he started to unzip his blue pullover hoodie, revealing bombs attached on his garment. I stood up and moved back, dragging Riri behind me as he began to threat pressing the button on his hand.

“Make a move, and we’ll all blow up.”

All of us are covered in fear. It’s not like for our own death, but for other’s. Even the guards can’t do anything at the moment, but to remain still. The music was also stopped. Silence became a joining thrill.

“What do you want, Yoshi? If you’re mad at me, then go get me! Don’t engage the innocent people here!” I’m triggered of what’s happening at the moment, especially to this man who threatens not only one but many.

“Innocent?!” he scornfully laughed, “What brought suicidal thoughts away from crime thoughts? If only taking own’s life has a chastisement on earth, then I’ll bellow it to the afterlife! But death is already a punishment, and no one can be spared from it!”

“What would you like to express, Yoshi? I can hardly understand you!”

He started to walk repeatedly, left and right. “You’re the new generation’s eye opener, a foreteller, and even a silent killer! Your words are swords to your followers’ ears. Stop it, Cloudee! Enough of your selfish acts! You write songs for you to feel better, but for your listeners, they’re suicidal trigger!”

I have comprehended the thought he wanted to express. I felt guilt since the suicide incident started to happen, but just like Riri said, a thought is not real, but an action is.

“I’m sorry for you to feel this way, but would you mind asking these people here if they really want to die?”

He shrugged and turned his face to the people in line. “Tell me, people!”

One old man spoke, “Although I’m old and sad, unstylish and quaint, I adore Yuru’s music. And It’s not because I’m a follower, I’m depressed. It’s because I understand what she means, and it’s true! The world is getting worse! It’s not like before when I was a kid!”

Yoshi just laughed and pointed a woman after. “You. You like to die, right?”

The woman shook her head. “No, it’s not like that. I might think of letting go sometimes, but I don’t want to die. I’m also thinking of what-if’s when I do that.”

“If you’re a real fan of Ms. Yuru, then you could understand her songs!” Miyo shouted. Her Mom was holding her arm, telling her not to interfere.

Yoshi started to pace towards Miyo with his malicious aura. “Brave young girl! You’re not afraid to die! Are you suicidal too?”

“Don’t touch her, Yoshi!” I tried to stop him, but Riri held my arm, not letting me to come near him.

“Move or explode?” Yoshi threatened once more. But before he got near to Miyo, Miyo started to sing some of the lines from my song, “Living but Leaving.”

Oh, bring me hope
Not this cotton rope
I plan to hang myself
But first, give me books in a shelf

On the second chorus, the people inside the auditorium joined Miyo.

I don’t want to die
I want to fight like others do
Hop in the clouds and touch the sky
Do better and learn something new

“What’s this?” he laughed, “you’re doing harmonies now?”

“We’re not afraid to die, Mr. Yoshi,” Miyo spoke again, “and even more, we’re not afraid of you.”