35: The Discussion

"Now that we're alone, Miss (Name), I would like to propose a proposition." Kagaya-sama said.

"A proposition?" You questioned.

The leader of the Demon Slayer Corps only nodded, before saying, "Yes, but it's up to you whether or not you agree."

You felt a sense of responsibility weighing on your shoulders as you considered the leader's words. "Ok, um, what is it?" you ask, feeling a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

"It's obvious that you, my dear, possess great power. Therefore, may I ask if you could perhaps lend us your aid? Would you consider joining the Demon Slayer Corps?" Kagaya finally asked you. His voice filled with hope and anticipation.

Of course, he knew you joining the Corps would mean dedicating your life to fighting demons, but it would also mean being part of something much bigger than yourself. It was a daunting decision to make, but Kagaya's faith in your abilities was undeniable.

Meanwhile, your breath hitched as you briefly recalled what Kyōjurō's father, Shinjuro-sama, said to you. {'Hmph, impressive, it's like some kind of ice breathing technique! You know, if Kyojuro were to train you, then perhaps you can become a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps!'}

However, he did warn you not to get involved in something that could potentially be dangerous. Regardless, the thought of joining the Demon Slayer Corps and potentially becoming a demon slayer or Hashira filled you with a sense of determination, despite gripping fear gradually coursing through you.

"Ah, w-well... umm.. oh my God." You were utterly speechless, you couldn't think of words to say at the moment.

The kind blind man seemed to sense your inner turmoil as he quickly said, "Oh no, please, Miss (Name); there's no need to give it much thought. My deepest apologies; I didn't mean to lay it on you so suddenly." He quickly apologized.

"So please, don't strain yourself." His soothing words and gentle tone put you at ease, making you feel understood and cared for in that moment of uncertainty. It was as if he could see beyond your physical appearance and into your heart, offering comfort without judgment or expectation.

"T-thank you, Ubuyashiki-sama. It's just... I need more time to think about this and discuss it with my hus─ I mean, Kyōjurō." You tell him.

A smile crossed Ubuyashiki's lips as he then nodded in understanding.

"I understand completely, Miss (Name). Please take as long as you like, and no matter what your answer is, I would greatly accept it." He tells you.

You nodded, bowing your head until your forehead touched the floor. "Thank you so much, Oyakata-sama."

With that, you stood and turned to leave. However as you were about to exit the room, you turned to him and asked,

"Hey Ubuyashiki-sama?"

"Hm? What is it, Miss (Name)?" The blind man asked.

"Umm... since we both know Obachan... Is it alright if I call you, Aniki?"

──────────────