Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroko no Basuke!

..................................

Chapter 1 – The First Meeting

"P-Please... I'm begging you, s-stop!!" you pleaded, tears continue to flow down in your face. He lifts the iron while smiling deviously at your pitiful face. You take a step back, trying your best to get escape from him

"Aaaahhhh!!!" you screamed soon as the flat iron touches your back.

You begged but it seems like he didn't hear any word from you. He shoots you a glare while he continues his torture. For him, for them, you deserve it. You deserve all the pain they give you. As for you, you're a hopeless, pitiful, and shameful child. You couldn't do anything. Even if you have, they didn't care. It's not like you could really do anything against them. No one even believes you.

For that fact, they keep on hitting you with anything they could reach. Anything that will satisfy their desire of seeing you lifeless. For them, you're just a rotten animal that they can throw away anytime they want to.

and what's even worse, they also made you a beggar. If you haven't collected enough, you'll get beaten and locked up in one of the darkest rooms.

They don't care even if you starve outside and die.

"No matter how much you beg for your life, it will be worthless. No one will come to save you. Even your so-called family." Your foster mother scoffs after she has given you 24 hits of latigo on your back. "It's your fault why we're in this position. Your fault why we become miserable. Your life doesn't have a value for you to deserve to live."

She shot you a glare before she says the next thing that destroys the remaining hope in you.

"You're the reason why your parents die. Having you as their child brought them into a terrible fate."

N-No... T-That's not true!!!

No!!!!!

.
.

You cover up your ears as the memory came to your head. You bolted up straight as you stare into space, breathlessly. Every night, you always have these nightmares. You want to forget everything about your past. Years have passed, but still, it haunts you. Every time you close your eyes, you could still see the image of you on the corner, crying and begging for the pain to stop.

You've been thrown away by your own family. The reason why you ended up in the orphanage and being adopted.

You thought they're good people. They even have a good job the first time you step on their place. 

Yet... not all beginning is good until the end.

After they lose their business and money, they started to blame you for their losses and that was how it all started. They also started to use drugs that make their situation more difficult.

Every time they see you, you always get into their hands and beat you up until you faint from too much blood loss.

It's a good thing that, Kagami Taiga, your childhood friend, and neighbor, saw what happened. He reported to the police about your situation and got your foster parents arrested.

You are thankful that he saved you from your nightmare. You thought that it's over...

Not until now...

You've read the news about your parents, who broke free from jail. And the moment you saw the news, you can't help but tremble in fear. You're scared that they will get you from what happened to them.

And now, all you're nightmares came to haunts you day and night. You always feel so uneasy every time you go outside of your apartment. You always have the feeling that they might be around the corner, just watching your every move. And that's why you've been locking yourself. You wouldn't go outside unless for school or you have to go to someplace important.

Because of that same reason, Kagami has been walking with you every time you go outside. Since he's your friend, he already knows what's been happening to you. With that, he never left your side. He also keeps on reminding you that if ever you're going out, you have to call him up or his friend, Kuroko to accompany you.

And just by the thought of the phantom's name, you feel your heart just skip a beat as you remember the first time you met him.

....

You were walking silently, heading to the gym with a book in your arms.

Walking with Kagami, Kuroko had already had his eyes on you. Looking at you, he felt something inside his chest. He didn't know what but while he longer stares at you, he could see the sadness that's been hiding beneath your face. Sadness that he could easily understand as he remembers he had one before. Sadness that lingers as his friends part ways after graduating middle school.

He was busy staring at you when he already reaches inside the gym. He turns his head around to see where you are. Unluckily, you are no longer in his sight.

Then the practice game started...

You were busy reading at the corner of the gym when you saw a ball came to your place. You stood up to pick the ball, heading to the school's basketball team.

Meanwhile, Koganei was searching for the ball around the corner. When he didn't see it, he walks back to his teammates.

"The ball is not-."

"Here's the ball..." you say on their back, making the players startle in surprise.

"(First name)?! w-what are you doing here? And most of all, y-you didn't have to scare us like that!" the red-haired male shouted at you but you only stare at his frightened face.

"Thank you." a sudden male said behind them scaring the players once again...

"KUROKO!!!!" Kagami is about to yell at the light blue-haired male when the latter already carried a dog in his hands and made Kagami run for his life. All their teammates came laughing from the sight.

Behind the chaos, you quietly put down the ball behind them and left.

Unknown to you, Kuroko stop running at Kagami the moment he saw you left the place, staring at your retreating figure.

......

It wasn't the first time that he saw her.

"Thank you..." (hair length), (hair color) girl softly mutters as he gave her his handkerchief.

"You're welcome..." he says and he goes on his way home.

I hope she stops crying now.
.

'She's that girl' - he thought

....................................................

Thanks for reading~!

-Nel