Chapter 2

The Worker stares at them both going back and forth between Enola and Harper. He lifted his radio to his mouth, and still watching them, says. "I need some back up. We have escapees. I repeat I need backup." Then he lunges for Harper first, not thinking Enola is the biggest problem. Enola steps out of the way and watches as Harper is trampled to the ground.
Back up shows and starts at Enola. With the cuffs still on she uses her arms and feet as defense, blocking shots with her arm, and kicking Workers in the face. When she had an opening she bent down and pulled Harper up.
He stood for a second, then Enola harshly whispered. "Get your gun out. Get your gun out now!" Harper fumbled for the gun at his side. Turned the safety off and nearly shot himself in the foot.
"Whoops." was all that he said.
She reached into her left pocket and grabbed the handcuff key with both hands, then lifted it to her mouth and started to pick the lock of her cuffs. She shoved it in and turned it furiously, "Why did I make you the guard, you don't even know how to shoot a gun." she managed to unlock the cuffs, and grabbed at the gun. She aimed it at a guard and shot by shot picked them all off. They both ran past the guards' dead bodies. Through the metal detectors and out the back doors. Harper bent down with his hands on his knees.
"Woah. You...are fast," he panted.
"I need more ammunition." Enola said, pushing the magazine back in.
In the distance they could hear the sounds of guns being loaded, way bigger guns than the one they had. Angry voices shouted in their direction. "They went this way! The girl killed 10 of our men! She's the one you need to worry about."
Enola grabbed Harper's hand and dragged him away. Next battle was the dogs.
*****
Enola threw the gun, Harper bent down to pick it up but Enola stopped him. "It's useless, there is nothing in it."
"I know but we might-" Harper was cut off by the loud barks of two dogs. And what came around the corner was nothing like what he had expected. A two headed monster with teeth like freshly sharpened knives, eyes the color of blood. "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!" Harper shrieked as he sprinted away from the creature.
"That's one of the dogs!" Enola said, only confirming Harper's fear.
As they ran, Harper kept looking back at the beast. Everytime he looked into its glowing red eyes, it seemed to learn all his secrets, every lie he'd ever told. His brain tried to convince him to give in and tell it more, but Enola pulled him back to reality by smacking him on the arm. "Don't look it in the eyes you idiot!" she scolded. She crossed her arms and turned so she was running backwards, then pushed outwards with her X.
"What did you just do?" Harper asked.
"Just some SM," She answered. But Harper obviously looked confused because she confirmed what it meant. "Did your dad teach you anything? It stands for Simple Magic."
"My dad wasn't into magic." Harper replied.
"Oh...I'll teach you sometime." She smiled slightly, making her look kind.
Maybe Enola isnt so bad. Harper smiled back. The monster chasing them barked one last time, but it seemed to be stopped. It pushed its two heads against an invisible border.