4. Falling

Hyun Bin

"Don't be late, Seo Jung Hoon. I mean it."

"Relax, Hyung. I won't. I'll be patiently waiting for Miss Ye Jin from six o'clock."

"Okay, good. Good. You've cleared it with her agency or manager, right?"

"All clear. But... they ask a lot of question, Hyung. So a few of them I have to answer truthfully."

"It's okay. As long as you get the clearance."

I continued pacing around my trailer. I was at shooting location for my new drama and so help me God, I couldn't concentrate.

Ye Jin would be back tonight. Not for long; she would jet off again at the end of the week. She had warned me that her schedule was full and I should've not expected any meet up.

But of course I would do anything for a meet up. Even if only for a brief seconds. I've been feeling this giddiness ever since she said she'd be back briefly. I didn't think I had ever felt anything like this upon seeing someone.

Not even when I first courting Ji Min.

"I'll bring her to Namsan Tower as planned?" Jung Hoon's question stopped me from my pacing temporarily.

"Is the reservation coming through?"

"Of course. Who would reject an offer from Hyun Bin? They'd be a fool not to take it."

"What did you promise them again?"

"Nothing beyond a photograph, your signature and permission to post it on their promotional campaign," he paused a bit looking at me wearily before continuing, "and some cash for our insider."

I didn't even care how much he paid for a private dining in that restaurant. I really tried not to use my stardom often, but this was one of the time when I didn't mind using my celebrity status to get what I wanted.

"Good, good. I'll tell you where to drop her then. I'll finish here about 7, so I should be there in time."

"Okay, Hyung, do you need anything else?"

I shook my head and dismissed Jung Hoon to do whatever he needed to do. I spent the remaining of the day trying to concentrate enough to do my take so that I could finish faster.

Jung Hoon waved when he left to pick up Yejin at about five and I couldn't help but noting in my head.

In 3 hours, I would meet her again. The memory of the last time I met her still played like a broken record on my mind.

The fact that she knew that day was my birthday was enough to make me feel like I was on top of the world, but the seaweed soup? It spread warmth in my heart. My selfie with the seaweed soup she gave me was my lock screen background, that was how touched I was with her thoughtful gift.

She automatically called me when I sent her the picture and I could tell she was very happy to hear I loved the parting gift.

And when I finally saw her again 3 hours later, wearing a simple broken white sweater and a purple winter jacket, I couldn't give her a better welcoming gift except my best smile and a hello.

"Hey, welcome back."

***

I stifle my smile as I see the rosy color spreading on my company's cheeks. I squeeze her hand I hold in my pocket and tug her closer.

I'm not usually that bold, but I want to be honest with her. Never before I feel such strong pull towards someone like I feel for her. There is something about her - and I'm not even talking about her beauty - that makes me feel everything.