Chapter 7: Gently

The whole Domus Flau was enveloped in a deafening silence. Everyone was simply astounded by the performance of both fighters, who demonstrated such competence that lead to a tie. However, it was the people who know the dragon slayer who was left wondering about the strength he showed for the whole arena to see. They were confused because the usual flames they always associate with him was absent all throughout the fight.

It was without question that the twin dragon slayers of Sabertooth asked several questions inside their heads.

"How? Natsu-san was a Fire Dragon Slayer. So why is he able to use other forms of magic and still somehow keep up with a Wizard Saint?" Sting asked to himself. "Have I really surpassed him?"

Rogue also has the same questions with the white dragon slayer. "Is he really the Salamander of Fairy Tail?"

The questions of other people were as typical as why a normal mage able to keep up with a Wizard Saint, and other things that clearly just showed their underestimation of Natsu, to as much as wondering if there were still some more that he have not showed yet.

People such as Yajima and other people that are knowledgeable of the Magic Council's signature weapon Etherion questioned how Natsu acquired the power of what was supposed to be a mix of powerful magic energies. There are the question about the power of the magic he demonstrated if its full power is as strong as the weapon itself.

Finally, the silence was broken by announcer who just lost his wig from the intensity of the fight. "Everyone, what a great performance from both teams that it resulted in a tie! Let's give it up for Lamia Scale's Jura Neekis and Fairy Tail B's Natsu Dragneel!"

Soon after, the crowd erupted in cheers even though Fairy Tail has almost half of the crowd as their haters. The main purpose of the spectators here are simply to witness an epic and flashy battle of strength and magic. And seeing a fight that leads to a tie just proves how great of a matchup the fight was.

"It's unfortunate that there's a time limit. I personally wanted to see who's the better mage from the two of them."

"I agree with you, Yajima-san. However, we have to abide the time limit rule of the games. So there you go, everyone. Both Lamia Scale and Fairy Tail B will get five points."

Natsu and Jura went to their respective teams, they are both greeted with a surprised expression of their teammates' faces. However, Natsu's team and the whole Fairy Tail's astonishment of his performance.

"So, how did I do?" he asked his guildmates with his signature grin plastered on his face.

"How did you do? You just tied with a Wizard Saint for god's sake!" a member blurted out, along with other members saying things of similar thought.

"Hehe! Too bad I can't beat him at the time limit though."

This time its Makarov who congratulated him for his spectacular performance on the arena. "To be honest, my boy, even though you have all our support, we actually thought you would lose to him. But you didn't. And for that, we're thankful for proving us wrong."

"Ahaha, we still haven't won yet. So save those words when we finally win the games and become the number one guild again!"

This short speech made the Fairy Tail cheer loudly. Even if what happened to the Team A is a bit unfortunate, it did not stop them from having the confidence and determination to conquer tomorrow's games.