Five

"I can't still believe that it has been years since I last saw you, you still look the same beautiful and kind" you smile at Carlisle as you take a sip from your cup.

"And you have changed a lot, you got-" you stop when you realize what you were about to say.

Carlisle chuckles, not removing his eyes away from you.

"I got nice? mature? yes, I admit that I was really an asshole towards you back in the days" you shook your head.

"I was going to say that you have gotten married," you say pointing at his wedding ring.

You could never admit to him being an asshole, it would be embarrassing.

"My wife died three years ago, this ring is the only thing left to remind me of her" Carlisle replies.

"Oh, it must have been rough for you" you say, looking down at your hands.

"Yes, at the beginning it was, but I got used to it in the end."

You stare at Carlisle for a while, with a soft expression on your face.

It has been years, yet this is the first time in your life to find Carlisle attractive.

However, you can't think like that about him...until you get a divorce.

Suddenly, your phone starts ringing, the screen lights up to show your husband's name.

"Excuse me, I gotta answer this" Carlisle nods his head.

"Go ahead"

The moment you click on an answer, the panicked voice of Xavier rings through your ear.

"(Y/n)...(Y/n), Monroe, we were fighting..." You could barely hear what he is trying to say over his quick breathing.

"What happened to Monroe, speak up?! What happened to him?"

Carlisle's eyes turn into concerned ones when he sees your horrified state.

When the call ends, you stand back on your feet.

"What has happened, is your son ok?" you shook your head, your eyes getting teary.

"My husband, he stabbed Monroe by accident!"

❁𑁍❁𑁍❁

You rush into the hospital room with tears in your eyes, as Carlisle walks behind you slowly.

He decided to drive instead of you driving there because you were not in the right state of mind and could have made an accident.

"Why are you crying, mom?" Monroe asks noticing your tears.

"Because I thought I was going to lose you again" you reply, wrapping your arms around his head and pulling him into your embrace.

"Who are you?" Xavier asks, glaring at your blond friend.

"I'm Carlisle, an old friend of (Y/n)" his response catches Monroe's attention.

Yup, Carlisle is already added to his blacklist just under his father's name.

"No need to worry, it was such a scratch nothing too deep, it is now all stitched and wrapped up" you glare at the doctor.

"Scratch and Stitched could never belong in the same sentence, he could have died if my husband pressed any harder" you spat, turning your sharp gaze to Xavier.

"Well, I will be taking my leave, if you excuse me"

"Take me with you"

With that, the doctor and Carlisle leave the room.

"Why were you fighting while holding a knife, Xavier" you sneer.

"Monroe was the one holding the knife." the answer was enough to make you look at your son who just shrugs.

"And when I tried to take the knife from him, I accidentally stabbed him" you clutch your fists.

"But you were too busy with your friend to even return back home on time" Xavier mocks rolling his eyes.

"I bumped into him on my way home, we are nothing more than friends" you exclaim.

"Yeah, friend, my ass" he snorts.

Monroe cuts in with unexpected sentences.

"It isn't like you have any right to talk, you are cheating on mum"

Yours and Xavier's eyes widen in shock.

Monroe smirks and looks at his father with a smug look.

"Oops"

You are shocked not because your husband is still cheating on you.

But on how your son knows such information.