Chapter 1: Break Up

It was a lovely summer day and it was sunday morning at a house in Wilmette, a suburb of Chicago and people were just out and about, just enjoying their morning.

On Park Avenue, there was a traditional house, it had 15 rooms, 5 were bedrooms, the other five were bathrooms, the other five rooms were a dining room, family room, office, kitchen and a living room. The dining, living and family room had hardwood floors, also the house had a fireplace and a recreation room.

In one of the bedrooms, which was the master bedroom, there were posters of the Chicago White Sox, Blackhawks and Bulls on the wall, a dresser and a closet, and there was a bed with someone in it, and that person had long hair, he was 6'6 and had fair skin, that person's name was Adrian Miller, the son of Abby Lee Miller, who is a dance teacher.

The alarm on his clock went off and he pressed the snooze button and he got out of the bed and he had a ponytail and was in a black tanktop and red sleeping pants, then he stretched and headed to the bathroom and he took a shower.

Then after he got out of the shower, he went to the sink and grabbed his toothbrush and aquafresh toothpaste, Adrian brushed his teeth and when he finished, he headed back to his bedroom and went to his closet and picked out some black jeans and a black White Sox jersey, then after he put his clothes on, the doorbell rang.

"I'm coming!" Adrian stated as he came downstairs to see who was at the door, when he got to the door, he opened it and standing at the door, was his girlfriend of 7 years and his mother's assistant choreographer, Gianna Martello. "Hi, Gia."

"Hello, Adrian." Gianna greeted as they kissed each other on the cheek and he let her enter as he closed the door.

"How's it going?"

"It's going good." He replied to his girlfriend, who went to the couch and sat down on in and watched TV, and after three hours had passed, Gianna had to tell Adrian something.

"Adrian, we have to talk." Gianna told him.

Those were the words a guy fears the most when his girlfriend wanted to tell him something, but Adrian thought nothing about it, thinking that she wanted to talk about what they could do in the future.

"What's on your mind, Gia?" Adrian asked as he sat next to her on the couch.

"It's about you and me." Gianna began as she was figuring out a way how she could say it. "You know i love you, right?"

"Yes."

Adrian knew where this was gonna lead to in the back of his mind as he spoke with his girlfriend because he saw his share of romantic movies.

"I don't know how to tell you, but I...I don't think it's working out between us so therefore, i came here to tell you that i want out of the relationship."

Adrian had shock and disbelief, he couldn't believe that Gianna was breaking up with him after 7 years of being together since their freshman year in high school, he had a saddened look as tears came to his eyes.

"W-why? Was it something i did?" Adrian asked.

"No, you didn't do anything." Gianna told him.

"Is there someone else?"

"Yes, i'm very sorry, Adrian. But i am in love with another guy."

Adrian felt his heart shatter into billions of pieces at what she was telling him, Gianna was seeing someone else and didn't want to be with him anymore.

"Who?"

"James Washington, who also works for your mom's studio." Gianna admitted. "Even though we're no longer together, i still care about you as a friend and nothing can change that, can we at least still be friends?"

Adrian felt the tears finally fall from that question she had just asked him, he was now back on the market and was single and he looked at Gianna "Y-Yes." He conceded.

"Adrian, you are a great looking guy and i know there's a lot of ladies who would love to be your girlfriend and potentially your future wife. i know you'll find someone else and hopefully you'll know that she'll love you back with everytihing she has and appreciate you more than i ever did."

"But it might take weeks or months for me to get over this and find someone else who'll love me."

"You never know, you might find that one person before this summer ends." Gianna said as she left the house and closed the door, leaving a heartbroken Adrian to start crying after he locked the door, his heart had just been shattered to a billion pieces, his now ex-girlfriend had broken up with him for another guy, who was gonna mend those pieces of his broken heart?

Meanwhile at another house that wasn't far from Adrian's house, which would be a 5 minute drive, a heavyset woman was wearing a black shirt and black pants, the woman was Abby Lee Miller and she was doing some cleaning as the phone rang.

"Hello?" Abby asked, wondering who it was.

"Hi, mom." A glum Adrian greeted her on the other line.

"You don't sound so happy, what's wrong?" Abby wondered, usually her son would be happy whenever he called her, but in the back of her mind, something must have happened.

"Well earlier, i was happy, then Gia came over and let me know that our relationship was over and she told me that she was seeing James." he admitted.

Abby gave a sigh, she had a feeling that her assistant choreographer was having a crush on James, a recent ALDC teacher that Abby had just hired. "I had a feeling that Gianna and James liked each other and i thought Gianna was the one for you, But to be honest with you, the fates had other plans even though you and Gianna had been dating for 7 years and i know your heart is broken, but one day, you'll find someone who'll truly love you and she'll be the luckiest lady to be with you."

"Thanks, mom. i needed that." Adrian stated, he was very lucky to have a mom to help him when he was feeling down

"You're welcome, are you planning to come to the ALDC victory party tomorrow at my house? the girls and their moms are gonna be there." Abby asked her son.

"Yeah, i'll be there."

"Ok, can't wait to see you." Abby said then she hung up and after not watching any romantic movies because it would cause him more heartbreak from being dumped by girlfriend, he did nothing through that day.