Let the Good Times Roll

I sat there own the plane shaking trying to keep ahold of myself. Josh placed in hand on my thigh with a smile to me. "I'm here, we got this" he said as he kissed my forehead. 

My brain replayed him asking his manager for time off. 'Just three days, that is it' he had begged. I was happy he was here.

"I have not seen my parents in two years. The last time was at my college graduation, my dad used it as an excuse to take off work for a vacation. They stayed one day before continuing on to Florida for the beaches and sun." I was just kind of rambling at this point but Josh listened closely. 

"What about your sisters" Josh asked pushing my head to lean on his shoulder. 

"I love my sisters, they practically raised me. They visit when they can and I go back for holidays to see them. We text almost everyday and my nieces and nephew love FaceTime." I smiled thinking about my sisters. 

"You have never mentioned your sisters' kids" Josh said squeezing my thigh. 

"They are the lights of my life. Their picture is the one I hung on the fridge, I take it everywhere with me. There is something about how these tiny humans are just already their own individuals but love to learn from everything you do, I cherish my time with them." I trail off as a tear rolls down my cheek. 

"Will I get to meet them?" Josh asked hushed.

I shook my head yes making the tear fall onto his arm. As the plane took off I closed my eyes drifting off to sleep, which admit-tingly I had not gotten a lot of. 

Josh woke me up by placing his hand on my cheek and kissing my forehead once again. "We are here. We made it to Iowa."

I took a big breath as I got up from my seat. I grabbed Frank, who had been asleep in his carrier below the chair the whole ride, and looked to Josh. He grabbed my hand and kissed it before we made our way down the aisle. 

We collected our bags and made our way to stand outside where my sister, Megan, was waiting. I dropped my bags to the ground as Josh took Frank's carrier and I ran to wrap my sister in a huge hug. "I missed you" Megan yelled. 

I backed out of our hug wiping tear from my eyes. "I missed you too, if only this was on more normal circumstances."

Just then I heard two two tiny voices from the parked car. "Aunt Molly" my niece and nephew cheered. 

"Hi my loves, you both have gotten so big." It was true, it had been six months since I saw them last and they were growing like weeds. 

"Ok lets get your bags and not leave this boy waiting" Megan said elbowing me. She knew about Josh, she was the only one who did in my family. 

I turned back around to see Josh juggling all the stuff I had just thrown at him. I walk over to take Frank as my sister grabbed our bags and placed them in the trunk of her van. "Ok Josh you can have the front seat and I will sit with the kiddos" I said crawling in with Frank in my hand. 

"No we want to sit with him" my niece Leah said pointing to Josh. 

I glanced over to Josh who shrugged his shoulders and walked over to take my place. 

"But Frankie" my nephew Bowen added. Josh climbs in and positioned himself in between the two car seats before taking Frank from my hands. 

'Love you' I mouthed to him before climbing into the front seat. Turning around, I took a picture of Josh scrunched in the middle seat while Leah patted his curls and Bowen leaned over to pet Frank.