[seventy-two]

[feb 14 - cavetown]

ABOUT A YEAR LATER:

third person's point of view

"dear, could you check the mailbox outside and see if someone sent me something?" y/n's mother requests her eldest son, who was stuck inside his room for quite some time.

the boy let out a sigh as he hopped off his bed and grabbed his jacket. "okay mum," he replied. lately, all he was ever thinking about was his sister, who had been very busy with her career and academics that she ends up either responding messages late or nothing at all.

the last message y/n sent to his brother was when he mentioned something about robbie. the boy knew that his sister was trying to stay away from robbie for almost a year now, but he liked to share a couple of updates sometimes because even though y/n didn't open up as much, he knew deep down that she's already missing him.

after the boy got out of the house, he wears his unused shoes that was sitting outside for quite a while then rushed towards the mailbox as the mailman drove away.

opening the box, he takes out a number of letters and read them one by one, expecting that most of these would probably be for their parents.

surprisingly, as he flicked through the letters, one of them made the boy pause as he read through its details.

FROM: Y/N L/N
TO: ROBIN SKINNER

...the floral small green envelope read. turning it around, he also noticed that there was a little note with y/n's handwriting.

(sib, don't you dare open this letter. i forgot robin's address so i'm asking you if you could give this to him?)

this made the boy immediately run back in and give the letters to his mum except the one from y/n. running back into his room, he puts the love letter down on his desk then grabbed his phone to message robin.

bugs chungus:
robbieeeeee
...
i hab news

can we meet up?
where are you rn

unfortunately, robin hasn't responded yet which made y/n's brother somewhat annoyed.

he knew they were probably busy since lately, robin has been working on new music for his upcoming ep. which led the boy to think of how he could give this letter to him, he didn't know how to send one nor does he know exactly where robin lives since he recently moved into a new flat.

the two used to talk almost everyday by asking how their day was, or sometimes just by sending memes at each other. he even motivated robbie to make a tiktok account just for laughs and send whatever's on his for you page.

and so, he started to think of how to send it to him. he could just take a peek at the letter and send its details to robin via text message, but he thought that that would ruin the vibe of what y/n was possibly trying to aim.

until he glances at the calendar placed next to his door. "13th of february." the boy reads, which lit a lightbulb on his head. "it's a bit risky, but i guess there's no problem with taking a little of it sometimes right?" he thought to himself.