Selfie -- Spencer Reid

Summary - Reader misses her boyfriend and asks him to send a picture

Word Count - 600

-----------

Things were never particularly *easy* persay when dating an FBI agent. The weird hours, paired with the unusual and never constant amount of days gone on cases. The pain that sat behind his beautiful eyes after a particularly hard case.

But it was all worth it to see his smile that could light up a city. When he would spin me around in our apartment on late nights when we both couldn't sleep. Or when he would make extra-big bags of popcorn because he knows how much I love cuddling him and feeding him popcorn during movies.

So when he wasn't home to bless me with his presence, like now, the house was nearly silent. Spencer had been gone for over a week with a case in Illinois. So, I watched Netflix, read a book, or just sat in bed listening to music. My life was boring without a certain man randomly spouting facts to me or reading to me whatever book he had in his hand at the moment.
Really, *really* boring.

So I got an idea.

*Hey baby! I miss you so much :( How's the case going?*

**I'm sorry Lemon, I miss you too. The case is going alright, we have a promising lead on the unsub, hopefully, I'll be home this week so I can see your pretty face**

Lemon was a nickname I had acquired from Spencer from being, in his words, 'so sour towards to some, and so sweet to the important ones.'

*I only have the few pictures hung on our wall to see your face. You are so lucky to have an eidetic memory, you can practically close your eyes and see me perfectly.*

**That wouldn't be true for everyone with eidetic memory though. Some people see things differently in their heads, even if they have that kind of memory. I guess I'm just lucky. I can remember more than just your face ;)**

I closed my eyes with a smile, shaking my head. He really knew how to fluster me, even if it wasn't in person.

*I guess you are lucky ;) Anyway, can you please please pleaseeee send me a picture of you :)*

**Right now?**

*No nimrod next week. Yes now!!!*

**I'm not good at taking pictures of myself.**

*Spencer, please :( I will send you a picture of me!!*

**Did we not just have the discussion that I can see *all* off you in my head??**

*But I CAN'T so pleaseeee.*

**Ok fine, but you can't make fun of me because you are fully aware that I cannot take good pictures of myself.**

I let out a small squeal as I read the text. No more than 1 minute later there was a picture of him, clearly laying on a hotel bed. I could already tell that it made my whole day.

**Happy?**

*Yes! What are you TALKING about you take perfect pictures of yourself*

**Whatever you say Lemon. I have to go. I love you and hope to see you in a few days.**

*Love you too. Here's a little something for actually sending me a picture of you.*

I sent him a slightly scandalous picture that I had taken the night before, setting my phone on the coffee table and leaving it there for him to respond.

**Another thing to add to the memory bank.**

That's my boyfriend for ya.