2. Hua Hai Aaj Pehli Baar

A random OS of RaghVi when Raghav visits Pallavi late at night at DSE

-

Deshmukh Saree Emporium

It was 11 pm. Pallavi was working late night at the shop as she had to complete a very important order. She had spread all the packaging boxes on the floor & was sitting in the middle with her airpods on. She had to pack the sarees in the boxes & they had to be delivered tomorrow by 9 in the morning.

After finishing his work at JJ, Raghav was heading home. He felt a sudden urge to go through the small lane which leads to DSE. He had not seen Saree Ka Dukaan for a whole 2 days. So he just wanted to see whether she was there at the shop or not. When he reached DSE, he saw that the shutter was closed but not locked. So he got down.

“Yeh Saree Ka Dukaan bhi na, lock karna bhul gaya” He muttered to himself & went to lock the shutter as he had extra keys but he saw that a ray of light was coming.

“Koi chor ghus gaya kya andar? Oh shit. Pehle hi yeh Saree Ka Dukaan loss mein chal raha hai, kuch chori ho gaya phir toh ho gaya satyanash”

He went to his car & took his gun. He opened the shutter only to see the most beautiful sight ever. Pallavi was sitting on the floor surrounded by sarees & boxes around her. She had tied her hair tied in a bun & had her airpods on & was humming some song. Her saree pallu was tucked at the waist revealing her milky bare waist. She was packing the sarees in the boxes. And because she was listening to music, she didnt even notice that he had entered. He closed the shutter, kept his gun on the table, sat on the chair admiring her.

Suddenly, he stood up & started walking towards her. And that's when her eyes landed on footsteps approaching her & in nervousness, she widened her eyes. Slowly, she started looking up to see the owner of the footsteps but was shocked to see that it was none other than the owner of her shop, The Raghav Rao. But, somewhere in her heart, she was relieved that it was him & not anyone else.

“Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?” She asked.

“Yeh mera dukaan hai, main jab chahe aa sakta hai. Tum abhi bhi yaha kya kar raha hai, ghar nahi jaana?”

“Mujhe yeh order complete karna tha. Kal subah deliever karna hai usi ki packing kar rahi thi” She said doing her work.

“Tumko tumhaara family itne der tak bahaar kaise rehne deta hai? Koi puchta nahi kya?” He asked in a concerned tone.

“Ghar pe koi nahi hai. Sab ek function ke liye Kolhapur gaye hai 4 dino ke liye” She answered. “Aur waise bhi yahan hote, toh bhi kisiko kya faraq padta hai” She muttered to herself but Raghav heard it. He felt bad for her. He knew that Deshmukhs didn't really care much for her. They were all living off on her hard work. And Pallavi being Pallavi was doing everything for them selflessly.

Not to make her sad, he decided to change the topic.

“Kaam mein itna busy bhi kya hona ki tumko pata bhi na chala main aaya karke. Koi aur hota toh? Kuch bhi kar sakta tha” He asked.

“Kuch nahi hota. Main sambhal leti khud ko. Samjhe” She said trying to show him that she was not scared of any intruders. But somewhere in her heart she was relieved that it was Raghav who had come & not some stranger but she would not admit that.

Raghav shook his head in a frustration & sat on the chair.

After some time Pallavi stood up to pick some sarees from top shelf. To reach there, she brought the stool & stood on it. She wanted few sarees from the topmost rack. But her hand wasn't reaching there, so she stood on her toes & tried to touch it. The stool that she was standing on not being proper at the base it was shaking. Suddenly she lost balance & was about to hit the floor when a strong pair of arms caught her. Ofcourse, it was Raghav. His one hand was under her knees & other was behind her back. He was staring at her intently. Her eyes were tightly shut & she was chanting something. He chuckled looking at her condition. When he made her stand on the ground, that's when she opened her eyes. He was still holding her by her waist.

“Tum theek hai Saree Ka Dukaan. Gira nahi, maine bacha liya tumko” He said smirking.

“Thank you” She said to which he nodded. Realizing that she was literally in his embrace, she withrawed herself.

“Tumko kya chahiye upar se? Mereko boldo main nikal dega” He said changing the topic to avoid the awkwardness.

“Woh upar waale rack se sarees nikal do”

“Pehle bhi bol sakta tha na tum?” He said while standing on the stool. She just mimicked him.

Raghav got down & handed the sarees to her. While taking them from him, their hands touched making them experience a strange feeling. He went back & half sat on the table. He received a call from Farhad informing about some important meeting with the foreign delegates the following day.

Meanwhile, Pallavi had packed some boxes & was searching for pencil to write something on them but she didnt find it. So she stood up & started searching for it.

“Kya dhund raha hai?” He asked.

“Tumhaara dimaag. Dekh rahi kahin gira hai toh” She said getting irritated.

“Tum kabhi seedha muh jawaab nahi de sakta kya?”

“Pencil nahi mil rahi mujhe” She said & started searching.

He saw that she had tied her hair in a bun with a pencil. He chuckled to himself. He got up & started walking towards her. She didn't see him until he was close. He came forward, she started going backwards & this thing continued till she hit the saree rack. He came closer.

“Ragh-”

“Shhh...” He interrupted her

He held her bare waist & pulled her towards him. Her hands were on his chest & they were very close. Seeing him coming closer towards her, she closed her eyes somehow half expecting him to kiss her. He saw that she had shut her eyes tightly & chuckled inwardly. He slowly removed the pencil, letting her hair fall down smoothly.

Realizing that he has loosened her hair, she opened her eyes & touched her head.

“Tumne mere baal-” He showed her the pencil.

“Tum pencil nikaal rahe the?” He nodded “Aur mujhe laga-” She muttered to herself. But he had already heard it.

“Kya laga?” He asked her knowing what she might have been thinking.

“Kuch nahi” She somewhere felt weirdly disappointed that he did not kiss her.

Shaking her head, she continued her work.

Pallavi's work wasn't finished & Raghav didnt want to leave her alone. As it was already late night, he decided to stay till her work was over. He was worried for her safety but would not admit it to her. Having nothing to do, he started using his phone.

Seeing that he was still sitting there looking at his phone, Pallavi asked, “Tumhe ghar nahi jaana?”

“Jaana hai, tumhare liye ruka hai main” He said still engrossed in his phone.

“Kya? Mere liye? Kyu?” She could not believe what he said. He also realised his slip of tongue. He didnt want her to know his concern for her.

“Mera matlab hai ki tumhaara samaan check karne ke liye taaki tum kuch gadbad na kardo” He made some excuses.

“Tumhe badi chinta ho rahi hai mere samaan ki” She asked raising her eyebrows.

“Woh.... Shop mera hai na. Toh kuch galat hua toh log mereko bolega” He said & started using his phone not to get caught by her. But somewhere Pallavi knew that he was making up stories & that he was genuinely concerned for her safety as it was already very late. She felt happy to know his concern & smiled to herself.

Finishing her work after sometime, she started packing her things.

“Ho gaya mera kaam. Tumhe check karna hai toh kar sakte ho” Pallavi told Raghav.

“Nahi zaroorat nahi hai uska. Theek hi hoga”

“Accha, toh ab tumhaara naam kharab nahi ho raha hai”

“Yeh sarees DSE ka hai aur tum uska naam kharab nahi hone dega. Toh isliye phir mera naam bhi kharab nahi hoga”

“Tum na boht ajeeb ho” Saying this, she continued packing her things.

“Jaldi se shop close karke aaja, main wait kar raha hai car mein”

“Ab kahan jaana hai?”

“Tumko ghar nahi jaana kya?” He asked.

“Haa, toh?”

“Main drop kar dega tumko”

“Koi zaroorat nahi hai, main chali jaungi akele” She said meanwhile closing the shutter.

“Chup chaap aake gadi mein baitho, Saree Ka Dukaan” He said getting frustrated by her.

“Nahi toh” She said her hands around chest.

“Tumko uthake leke jayega main. Aur tum janta hai, main aisa kar sakta hai”

“Tum-” Before she could finish, Raghav picked her up in a bridal style & made her sit in the car. He came from the other side & started driving.

Reaching halfway, he saw that she was not talking & sitting with an angry face. He chuckled to which she gave him a serious look. He continued driving.

After sometime, they reached Deshmukh house. Realizing that Pallavi has not noticed it yet, Raghav snapped his fingers infront of her.

“Huh?”

“Tumko utarna hai ya mere car mein hi rehna hai?”

“Kya?” She asked to which he signalled that they were infront of her house.

“Oh, pohoch gaye. Thank you” She said & was about to get out from the car when he held her wrist.

“Kya hua?”

“Sach batana Saree Ka Dukaan. Shop mein jab main tumhaare kareeb aaya pencil nikalne ke liye, toh tumhe kya laga tha?” He asked.

“Mat...Matlab?” She asked slowly.

“Tumhe laga main tumhaare saath kuch karne waala hai. Hai na?” He deliberately ignored the main thing.

“Nahi. Mujhe aisa kyu lagega. Aur main tumhe thodi na kiss karne deti” She said in one go.

“Par maine kiss ka baat kiya bhi nahi” He said smirking.

Pallavi felt embarrassed realizing what she said unknowingly.

“Woh...main...” She stammered.

He leaned closer, “Tum kya Saree Ka Dukaan?”

“Kuch...Nahi...” Seeing him closer, she was at the loss of words.

He pulled her towards him. They were very close. She could feel his breath on her face. In nervousness, she closed her eyes tightly. He held her chin & leaned forward to kiss her on lips but somewhere, he felt it was wrong so he kissed her on her left cheek. She opened her eyes slowly & was weirdly disappointed that he did not kiss her. Realizing that he wont do it anyhow, she pulled herself back.

She gulped hard, gave one last look to him & walked out of the car. He smiled to himself & started the car.

Pallavi came running inside the house, closed the door & stood right against it. She was breathing heavily. Whatever happened in the car was least expected. She looked at her wrist which he had held very gently. She came in her room, stood infront of the mirror & touched her left cheek. She could still feel his lips there. Only if he had kissed her lips.

“Yeh main kya soch rahi hu? Maine use rokna chahiye tha lekin roka kyu nahi. Yeh sab galat hote huye bhi galat kyun nahi lag raha?” She stood there looking at herself in the mirror.

“Raghav Rao, tum ho kya cheez aur main tumhe kab samjhungi”

-

And here comes the second OS. Do like, share & comment.

Please suggest in the comments what would you like me to write the next OS/TS on