Butterfly and Polar Bear: Part 6

Next, all in orange and black, a Monarch came: Danaus plexippus his royal name

Danaus plexippus his royal name.
A wee king, slight as your versifier,
Yet no larger eclipsed him as a flyer.
Two thousand miles he'd fly if he took notion.
With no pause for rest he crossed the ocean -                                                                                                    And oh my, such a sight when they did swarm!                                                                                                  

A bear, all in fur coat now much too warm.                                                                                                            Was there, and she from home in polar ice                                                                                                            To join our throng had made much sacrifice.                                                                                                      Two darling, snow-white cubs she left behind.                                                                                                     And though to dog days she was disinclined,                                                                                                       On iceberg she floated, far as could be,                                                                                                                  'Till it melted and she joined our company.